www.chinaphonearena.com

Full Version: [question] Best camera for about $175?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
My son can get an HTC Desire 820 with a 13mp camera for about $160. I compared the image quality to an iphone 5c and wasn't impressed.

Is there anything out there that is used for about $175 that is known for its image quality? I thank you.
Aw, man. I can't believe I didn't see this sooner!
IMO, once you get into the $160 price range it really opens a lot of doors. If memory serves me right, you already picked up a phone by now. What did you end up getting?
(2015-12-23, 06:53)WuddaWaste Wrote: [ -> ]Aw, man. I can't believe I didn't see this sooner!
IMO, once you get into the $160 price range it really opens a lot of doors. If memory serves me right, you already picked up a phone by now. What did you end up getting?

My younger son got the Dogee. My older son has the phone you gave us! He saw his friend's new Snapchat photos and now wants something with a better camera, because Snapchat.
Our youth is doomed.

Hehe. It's all about lighting and angles. Lighting and angles....
For what it's worth, my co-worker's son ended up getting the Ulefone Be Pro 3. It costs around 160 and the camera, so he claims, is excellent.

Unfortunately, this kid is into both Snapchat AND Kanye. Take advice with a grain of salt.

For what it's worth, I still think it's hard to beat the Asus Zenfone 2 over here. The older model (the one I have) can now be had around $160. They're making one called the "Zenfone Selfie" which boasts one of the best selfie cameras out there, just for that very purpose. Pricing is still high as it's not widely available yet.
Can confirm this. Ulefone Be Touch has a good, sharp camera. Sony IMX214. Probably the best available in sub $200 phones