www.chinaphonearena.com

Full Version: Help. I updated my Cubot X9, only to be locked in recovery mode
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello everybody. Yesterday, on December 4th, 2015, I installed an update for my Cubot X9. However, when I tapped install and accepted the reboot, the phone said there was an error and now it is only allowing me to use the "volume up" and "volume down" menu. I tried to reset to factory settings from the menu and then reboot the phone, but this didn't work. Unfortunately, I believe I know why this happened and that is because I had installed "KingRoot" into my device a few months before and did not know that rooting a device would make this happen. I didn't know it would "brick" my phone. Now I am just trying find a solution to the problem. However, I am a bit of a "noob" when it comes to technology and I would need step-by-step instructions on how to fix this. Please somebody, help me. Also it says "Android system recovery <3e>
CUBOT_4271C_z61W5_V20
Flash a new rom on it

Go here [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]
Yes, you will need to flash a new ROM. Probably through PC, unless Cubot offers full SD install ROM, but I doubt that. So you will probably need to use flashtool.