www.chinaphonearena.com

Full Version: Launcher app with CPU control?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Just curious if this exists: a launcher app that allows you to adjust the CPU speed and governor settings depending on which app it launches.

Certain apps (mainly things like news reader apps that use HTML embedded within an interface; idk why this taxes the system so much but it does) I run don't run well at full speed, so I adjust it downwards before I run them. An app that can do this for me would be useful.
This is very strange. You're saying the app runs worse when running at max frequency?
Yes, graphical glitches, flashes and stripes through the image, unfortunately. It seems to happen mainly with apps that tax the 2D graphics rendering a lot, especially things with HTML embedded within another interface like RSS readers.

Adjusting down to 1.2Ghz solves about 90% of the problem and adjusting down further removes any problems...

Haven't had it happen in a 3D application yet.
Dynamic underclocking. Cool concept, and I think you may be the first person in history to ever think of it.

I too can't think of why this might be happening. Maybe signal synch between the CPU and GPU? Any chance it might be heat-related?