www.chinaphonearena.com

Full Version: Cubot x15
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi All
I am a total noob on sorting firmware for mobile phones so I am looking for any help or a point in the right direction.
I bought the Cubot x15 and hoped to be able to run an app called Sky Go but it keeps saying that the device is rooted?
Now I have been to the Cubot website and to be quite honest its rubbish so I am hoping someone here may know how to deactive the root or knows of a different ROM I can use that may get around the issue.
I am used to Xiaomi mobiles so have a small tech knowledge so hopefully someone can point me in right direction please
Have you tested to see if it's really rooted? Download a root checker from Play and see what it says.

Here are the stock Cubot X16 ROMS. You will need to flash with SP Flash Tool. Judging by size, they all look like the full ROM, so you can probably DL V11.

[Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]
is Cubot x16 the same system spec as x15 as I dont wanna brick it as its the daughters xmas present and she will be really pi**ed if before she gets it I screw it up lol

And I appreciate the help I was just pre-empting Cubot x15 being rooted as on Sky forum someone has same issue already,so I was trying to find answers before I get my hands on it lol

Big Thanks though
Sorry. Wrong phone. The ROMS for X15 are here, but not sure you'll need it.

[Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]

They should come unrooted by default. Some shops offer a rooting service, or some people will root their phones. It's usually something an owner takes it upon himself to do.