www.chinaphonearena.com

Full Version: [OnePlus X] review unboxing (text only, video coming soon)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
OnePlus X review - A quick impromptu unboxing / first thoughts

[Image: iXAXhJO.jpg]

OnePlus has released the OnePlus X. This phone sizewise, pricewise and specwise is in direct competition with the Xiaomi Mi4i and Xiaomi Mi4c. One thing the OnePlus X has that Xiaomi Mi4i/Mi4c doesn't, is the possibility of adding a TF SD card, which is a big bonus, though it should be noted that if you use a TF SD, you will be limited to single-SIM.

With it's physical switch and camera placement, the OnePlus X looks a bit like the iPhone 6.

OnePlus X style / build
The OnePlus X looks premium; there's a physical switch on the side ala iPhone 6, the sides/top/frame are CNC textured metal, and both the back and front are glass.

The SIM/TF SD slot melds perfectly with the side making it nearly invisible excepting the release hole.

I'm of two minds regarding the 2D front glass. While it looks good, due to the curved edges, screen protectors can't cover the entire area.

The physical switch on the left side controls notification preference between silent (DND), vibrate, and sound. Some may find it useful, but this seems more of an iPhone 6 feature than anything. What would have been cool here is for OnePlus to have made the switch programmable.

The packaging presentation of the OnePlus X is overall premium. In the box is a heavy-duty ribbon micro-USB cable, a 2A AC adapter, the SIM tray key, manual and a few other official type inserts from OnePlus.

OnePlus X display
The display looks excellent. A tad too saturated for my tastes, but otherwise top notch. There is no light bleed from the edges or corners. Everything is looking very retina with [email protected]".

Speaking of screen size, the recent rash of excellent 5.0" mobiles is great to see. 2014 and first half of 2015 was nothing but big and bigger. The OnePlus X is slim and compact.

Battery charging
The battery charged fully in 2 hours flat. If there's one Achilles heal here, it's the smallish battery in comparison to the numerous mega-battery phones that have come out over the last few months. Still, there's a benefit to that, which is the smaller, lighter, thinner style.

Overall I'm liking the OnePlus X very much. They have a strong, professional team behind it releasing official ROMs regularly. And, we can be guaranteed of some excellent custom ROMs, including official CM12.1 and hopefully Mokee (OnePlus One has both CM12.1 and Mokee officially).

The full review should be up beginning of next week. If anybody wants anything specific tested, please let me know and I'll do my best to oblige.

[email protected]