www.chinaphonearena.com

Full Version: [NYTimes] Apple and Microsoft, Then and Now
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

NYTimes

Apple and Microsoft, Then and Now

Under Steven A. Ballmer's leadership for the last 13 years, Microsoft has struggled to transition from a PC-driven company, to a mobile-centric one. Apple, once its biggest competitor, has done the complete opposite.

http://bits.blogs.nytimes.com/2013/08/23...n-and-now/
Last I read, Android had overtaken iOS in the States, and in China, Apple is all but fragged.

I see the trend continuing as more and more competitors take a piece of the pie. I wonder if there will come a point when Apple can stop manufacturing, and just survive off their ridiculous patent rights that HTC and the like pay them?

What do you think Microsoft/Ballmer could have done differently?
(2013-08-24, 11:58)Gizbeat Wrote: [ -> ]Last I read, Android had overtaken iOS in the States, and in China, Apple is all but fragged.

I see the trend continuing as more and more competitors take a piece of the pie. I wonder if there will come a point when Apple can stop manufacturing, and just survive off their ridiculous patent rights that HTC and the like pay them?

What do you think Microsoft/Ballmer could have done differently?

Ballmer - nothing. he is a clown.

Bill Gates would change the game. But he is retired now.

Empires have a life span.

don't take apple off though. it is a religion with plenty of adepts.
I mean over the last decade or so. What could they have done differently? The article seems to imply they did a lot of screwing up.

Surely Apple will survive, but the trend is running against them now. Android now outselling iOS and Windows combined.
(2013-08-24, 13:40)Gizbeat Wrote: [ -> ]I mean over the last decade or so. What could they have done differently? The article seems to imply they did a lot of screwing up.

Surely Apple will survive, but the trend is running against them now. Android now outselling iOS and Windows combined.

No wonder Steve Jobs swore to destroy Android until his last breath and until the last Apple's penny Big Grin

He was a smart guy. Too bad he had died that soon.

I guess I could sue Apple as well. I had the Sprint smartphone w/WM which had all the UI and all the features of the first iphone which had an overwhelming success long before aple had come out w/iphone.