www.chinaphonearena.com

Full Version: Elephone P8000 US Version.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I've been looking all over and found only one site that has available P8000 US version available at this time. Everything is still the same, the only difference is that it uses B2, B4, and B17 which is awesome. Ill be ordering one in the next month or so.
Search for the reviews of Gizbeat/Gizbot on Elephone before you take the plunge. They're not the best. I was a tempted before I read some user reviews.
The P8000 is the only recent Elephone I've been able to recommend, but no OTG and no compass. It's very strange. The compass is understandable, but OTG comes with most even sub-$100 mobiles.

On a side note, this is awesome news. Looks like MTK finally releasing a modem capable of 1700 AWS and the Americas 4G LTE. I think we'll seen an onslaught of them within the next few months.... Another clue to this is that Blulife has announced an MT6753 mobile with Americas LTE and 1700 AWS WCDMA. These are the first mobile phones I've seen carrying these bands; it's possible I've missed something, but I'm fairly sure this is the very beginning of something great.
(2015-12-17, 17:28)Gizbeat Wrote: [ -> ]The P8000 is the only recent Elephone I've been able to recommend, but no OTG and no compass. It's very strange. The compass is understandable, but OTG comes with most even sub-$100 mobiles.

On a side note, this is awesome news. Looks like MTK finally releasing a modem capable of 1700 AWS and the Americas 4G LTE. I think we'll seen an onslaught of them within the next few months.... Another clue to this is that Blulife has announced an MT6753 mobile with Americas LTE and 1700 AWS WCDMA. These are the first mobile phones I've seen carrying these bands; it's possible I've missed something, but I'm fairly sure this is the very beginning of something great.
So there is no way to connect the phone to a computer or anything? And yeah I can care less about the compass.
(2015-12-17, 20:20)Dvalin21 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-12-17, 17:28)Gizbeat Wrote: [ -> ]The P8000 is the only recent Elephone I've been able to recommend, but no OTG and no compass. It's very strange. The compass is understandable, but OTG comes with most even sub-$100 mobiles.

So there is no way to connect the phone to a computer or anything? And yeah I can care less about the compass.
Can connect to a computer no problem.

It does not have the USB host mode. So can not connect gamepad or external SD drive, mouse. Stuff like that.

Maybe they fixed that in the new version.
This is pretty slick news. I really hope this means that Elephone will become both better quality and more widely available here in the USA. I've always been a big fan of their name and logo -- which is admittedly a stupid reason to like a phone -- but I'd totally rock one with pride.
(2015-12-18, 06:47)WuddaWaste Wrote: [ -> ]This is pretty slick news. I really hope this means that Elephone will become both better quality and more widely available here in the USA. I've always been a big fan of their name and logo -- which is admittedly a stupid reason to like a phone -- but I'd totally rock one with pride.

Yep and I checked out the review from xda and its seems pretty awesome.
(2015-12-18, 07:33)Dvalin21 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-12-18, 06:47)WuddaWaste Wrote: [ -> ]This is pretty slick news. I really hope this means that Elephone will become both better quality and more widely available here in the USA. I've always been a big fan of their name and logo -- which is admittedly a stupid reason to like a phone -- but I'd totally rock one with pride.

Yep and I checked out the review from xda and its seems pretty awesome.

So I've decided that I will order mine at the end of this month. I don't want to wait until Feb during the Chinese new year. That will would suck to have to wait that long afterwards. Anyway, I do hope any of the bugs mention will be fixed on this version. But like someone else said, it could just be software issues that can be easily fixed with an update. Elephone doesn't strike me to be the kind of company not to send updates like Cube.
Cool! Keep us updated. I've read mixed things about Elephone's quality control, but know little about their support. Hopefully this one will be a solid winner!
(2015-12-22, 04:37)WuddaWaste Wrote: [ -> ]Cool! Keep us updated. I've read mixed things about Elephone's quality control, but know little about their support. Hopefully this one will be a solid winner!

From what I've seen, Elephone has great support!!! An entire forum of their own with all products mentioned.
Pages: 1 2