www.chinaphonearena.com

Full Version: OTG
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

I would like to buy a OTG cable but first I would like to know if it works.
Anyone tested the OTG ?

Thanks
yes, it works and speeds are fast.
i bought this one:
[Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]

the cable is thick and strong.
I wish to find OTG + usb hub + power input, I see some but they are for macbooks laptops and am not sure if they will work with our d6000. further more most do not have the 5v dc input which i think is good for powering harddrives and such, as i tried a 2TB drive and this otg cable and my d6000 cannot power it up.
Thanks.
Did you search on ebay for the hubs ?

(2015-12-19, 21:21)tommycc2244 Wrote: [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]

the cable is thick and strong.
I wish to find OTG + usb hub + power input, I see some but they are for macbooks laptops and am not sure if they will work with our d6000. further more most do not have the 5v dc input which i think is good for powering harddrives and such, as i tried a 2TB drive and this otg cable and my d6000 cannot power it up.
(2015-12-19, 21:21)tommycc2244 Wrote: [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register] USB Hub from Aliexpress. Charging doesn't work though, the MicroUSB port on the hub can only be used to provide external power for the connected USB devices.

Tested devices:
- FiiO E07K USB-Powered DAC (working)
- Mouse (working)
- 3TB external HDD (working, recognised as a blank SD as it needs to be formatted correctly)
- HDMI Monitor (not working, it can be either the phone or the USB Hub itself)

All of these devices require external power from the provided Innos wall charger to function properly. Unfortunately when I connect this USB hub to external power my phone tends to get hot. Nevertheless, I must say it's useful to have around.
$50 :o that's nearly 20% of the phone Nathan :p but yeah does seem very useful to have. i bought a micro usb one ages ago for only $10 and the hdmi port worked because the usb on the phone had an mhl chip, dont think our d6000 has mhl.
this one looks good at us$8, doesn't say otg but its usb-c type and should all be the same right? or have we got some sub par usb type c chipset in the d6000?
[Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]
anyone game to try it for us?
(2015-12-30, 17:58)tommycc2244 Wrote: [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]
anyone game to try it for us?

What exactly are you trying to get working? I charged another phone and my camera battery with a regular Type-C OTG cable.
well i was hoping to collect a hub to the d6000, use it as a laptop and transfer files from large sd cards (using a sd reader) to a 2tb 2.5inch portable hdd, thus the need for a hub that has a 5v dc power input port/jack to ensure both drives can power on. the d6000 cannot power up any of my 2tb portable drives using my otg cable. tv out would be great but not necessary.

With my galaxy note 4, i can do all that and more so there no need to bring a laptop on holidays... quite convenient, but battery life isnt enough for a full 16hr day.