www.chinaphonearena.com

Full Version: Trouble updating firmware for Cubot GT99
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]

I'm trying to update the firmware of a Cubot GT99 using the rom downloaded from the link above.

When I run the SP flash tool and try to load the scatter file .txt, it says "incorrect scatter file format".

Thought read-only file settings might be the problem, but read-only has been turned off.

Anyone know how to get past this?
(2013-08-25, 20:38)Rdmkr Wrote: [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]

I'm trying to update the firmware of a Cubot GT99 using the rom downloaded from the link above.

When I run the SP flash tool and try to load the scatter file .txt, it says "incorrect scatter file format".

Thought read-only file settings might be the problem, but read-only has been turned off.

try to check.
if u use sp flash tool or sp_mtd flash tool.
i think they r a bit different
Yes, they are using the sp mtd.
(2013-08-25, 21:09)stevenma61 Wrote: [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]

try to check.
if u use sp flash tool or sp_mtd flash tool.
i think they r a bit different
Yup, this firmware is in sp_mtd format... See if using [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register] fixes the problem.
Tried it with that tool:

- starts with an error when the tool is ran: load DA file [long file url starting with F:\%*@&gibberish%*%\ and ending with \tool's directory name\MTK_AllInOne_DA.bin] error
- "incorrect scatter file format" when scatter file is chosen

Tried choosing the DA file in the tool's directory manually. Still "incorrect scatter file format"...
(2013-08-26, 02:27)Rdmkr Wrote: [ -> ]Tried it with that tool:

- starts with an error when the tool is ran: load DA file [long file url starting with F:\%*@&gibberish%*%\ and ending with \tool's directory name\MTK_AllInOne_DA.bin] error
- "incorrect scatter file format" when scatter file is chosen

Tried choosing the DA file in the tool's directory manually. Still "incorrect scatter file format"...

ok, I did download the rom n try myself to scatter the file, u r right, it give u error message,

after going tru the file , it is a sp flash tool format,

u cannot scatter the files because the folder name is in Chinese.

This is what u can do,
copy the folder "image" under the file to the desktop. then u r ok to scatter now

or rename the folder name to other name ( no Chinese)

I was using sp flash tool v3.1316 to test