www.chinaphonearena.com

Full Version: Brain spasms hours looking at what to buy HELP!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
(2016-01-14, 04:32)deanlee121 Wrote: [ -> ]the UMI, Ulephone Power comes android 4.4 but the 64bit cpu so you will need android 5.0 to for 64bit ios

(2016-01-14, 03:38)vidtek Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-01-14, 01:02)deanlee121 Wrote: [ -> ]Hey tony its funny that I was going to tell you of the UMI IRON good phone thats the phone I love next
Deanlee-

Yes it looks very impressive, I can live without AC wi-fi, but not so sure about the lack of AGPS, GLONASS with the GPS.

So, it's between the UMI, Ulephone Power and the Elephone Vowney.
Anyone any comments?
Tony
Elephone Vowney now that's a good phone 2k screen 4gb ram
Just seen this review on the Vowney which says it has poor/low sound levels, although is dazzlingly bright.
http://www.androidheadlines.com/2016/01/...owney.html
I'm still searching for a review on the Power's audio capabilities-don't need hi-fi sound (as if in a phone) just loud rings and call levels.

Guys-
Just about decided on the Elephone (Elefone) Vowney, then saw the P9000 is due out in a couple of days, so may hang on for that one, it looks very impressive from the specs.

If I buy one and the sound levels just don't cut it, what's Elephone's reputation for accepting returns on that sort of basis?

Tony
Slim to none. It's more going to depend on the shop you buy it from, but there really should be something wrong with it, not just that the sound isn't quite loud enough for you. Even if they accept it back it will be a huge long process and tons of back and forth hassle with customer service.

Elephone is the last brand to be buying if you're picky. Go with Lenovo, Xiaomi, ZTE, Gionee, LeTV, TCL if you want to be virtually guaranteed an all around good phone in terms of the physical components.
Decided to hang on for the P9000, but now the trouble and strife is making noises about a Winter Valentine's cruise from Portsmouth to St. Malo in France.

Err.. new phone or .. silly trip in the middle of February in a tin ferry on the English Channel in a 6' square cabin, bunk beds and not even a porthole. Romantic trip? at our age? or nice new phone to play with in my favourite armchair by the fire.....no choice for me, but now the t & s is making noises about the budget......
Keep you posted in the ongoing saga---

Tony.
I've not bothered to double check based on your specs but check out the Huawei Honor 5X / X5. Personally I wouldn't go near an Elephone.
(2016-01-14, 21:09)Twotems Wrote: [ -> ]I've not bothered to double check based on your specs but check out the Huawei Honor 5X / X5. Personally I wouldn't go near an Elephone.

Two totems
Ill check it out what's yr beef with telephone? Need to know bad as well as good'
Elephonene pred text probs
Tony
(2016-01-14, 21:49)vidtek Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-01-14, 21:09)Twotems Wrote: [ -> ]I've not bothered to double check based on your specs but check out the Huawei Honor 5X / X5. Personally I wouldn't go near an Elephone.

Two totems
Ill check it out what's yr beef with telephone? Need to know bad as well as good'
Elephonene pred text probs
Tony

Some of their earlier phones had quality control and other issues. I understand they're much better now but the speed at which they've churned out new models in the last year or so makes me wonder.
Have a look at the tcl m2u phone I use so far can't complain good camera 13mp and a 8mp for front one 4g that works in UK lol where I am 720p screen looks good love film on it 5.5 new mtk 6752m 1.5ghz 2gb ram big battery I use my one full day and still got 50% left that's calls YouTube games

Got my for £80
(2016-01-15, 00:36)deanlee121 Wrote: [ -> ]Have a look at the tcl m2u phone I use so far can't complain good camera 13mp and a 8mp for front one 4g that works in UK lol where I am 720p screen looks good love film on it 5.5 new mtk 6752m 1.5ghz 2gb ram big battery I use my one full day and still got 50% left that's calls YouTube games

Got my for £80

Thanks Deanlee,

The TCL doesn't do it for me, but maybe a newer offering? I tend to keep my phones for 4-5 years, so I really want to get the latest model as it will soon be dated.
I won't look at any Xiaomi as they don't have any expansion on their phones, pity because they are just right in all other respects. Still hankering after the Elephones, but bit concerned over the sound levels as reported in the only review I could find.
Dirknirk says their returns policy is flaky so mmm..... don't know.

Tony.

(2016-01-14, 19:33)DirKNirK Wrote: [ -> ]Slim to none. It's more going to depend on the shop you buy it from, but there really should be something wrong with it, not just that the sound isn't quite loud enough for you. Even if they accept it back it will be a huge long process and tons of back and forth hassle with customer service.

Elephone is the last brand to be buying if you're picky. Go with Lenovo, Xiaomi, ZTE, Gionee, LeTV, TCL if you want to be virtually guaranteed an all around good phone in terms of the physical components.

Thanks Dirknirk, I'll revisit Lenovo.
Won't touch Xiaomi as they have no expansion facilities on any of their phones, have looked at ZTE, TCL and Gionee, they are way behind everyone else in their tech maybe a couple of generations, eg not one octa core in Gionee's lineup. LeTv are another one with no T/F slot, so they're out.
I may revisit Asus Zenfone 2 as well.

Cheers, Tony
(2016-01-15, 17:55)vidtek Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-01-15, 00:36)deanlee121 Wrote: [ -> ]Have a look at the tcl m2u phone I use so far can't complain good camera 13mp and a 8mp for front one 4g that works in UK lol where I am 720p screen looks good love film on it 5.5 new mtk 6752m 1.5ghz 2gb ram big battery I use my one full day and still got 50% left that's calls YouTube games

Got my for £80

Thanks Deanlee,

The TCL doesn't do it for me, but maybe a newer offering? I tend to keep my phones for 4-5 years, so I really want to get the latest model as it will soon be dated.
I won't look at any Xiaomi as they don't have any expansion on their phones, pity because they are just right in all other respects. Still hankering after the Elephones, but bit concerned over the sound levels as reported in the only review I could find.
Dirknirk says their returns policy is flaky so mmm..... don't know.

Tony.

(2016-01-14, 19:33)DirKNirK Wrote: [ -> ]Slim to none. It's more going to depend on the shop you buy it from, but there really should be something wrong with it, not just that the sound isn't quite loud enough for you. Even if they accept it back it will be a huge long process and tons of back and forth hassle with customer service.

Thanks Dirknirk, I'll revisit Lenovo.
Won't touch Xiaomi as they have no expansion facilities on any of their phones, have looked at ZTE, TCL and Gionee, they are way behind everyone else in their tech maybe a couple of generations, eg not one octa core in Gionee's lineup. LeTv are another one with no T/F slot, so they're out.
I may revisit Asus Zenfone 2 as well.

Cheers, Tony
I mean anything ordered overseas will be a hassle to return. It will be up to the shop, not the manufacturer.

As far as those manufacturers being behind, maybe some of there models yes. But any of them will run Android very good. If you absolutely must have the latest generation you're looking at $500 phones and you wont even know the difference. The Lenovo K3 scores 50k on Antutu and is only like $150. Even cheaper phones are very good too.
Hey all-

Decided at last-grabbed this deal at Gearbest for £197.34

ZTE Axon Elite 4G International Edition Phablet - CHAMPAGNE EU PLUG

http://www.gearbest.com
this is the page that has the deal, for some reason this forum truncates links
so I have split it in two.
/cell-phones/pp_231921.html?wid=3

Thank you all for your kind input and help.

I'll do a review when I get it and report back.

Thanks again Tony.
Pages: 1 2 3