www.chinaphonearena.com

Full Version: [ScienceD] Why do haters have to hate? Newly identified personality trait holds clues
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Why do haters have to hate? Newly identified personality trait holds clues

New research has uncovered the reason why some people seem to dislike everything while others seem to like everything. Apparently, it's all part of our individual personality -- a dimension that researchers have coined "dispositional attitude."

http://feeds.sciencedaily.com/~r/science...123147.htm
How is this considered breakthrough? Some people have a positive disposition, some people have a negative disposition. Is this science-worthy just because a term was used to describe it?

Some people have rotten attitudes. We all know these people. This is nothing new.

The power of cognitive reflection, decision-making, and subsequent adaptation are far more valuable. We can all change to be the kind of people we want to be if we're willing to try.
(2013-08-27, 02:57)WuddaWaste Wrote: [ -> ]We can all change to be the kind of people we want to be if we're willing to try.

You believing this, is part of your attitude as well. I'd say it falls on the positive side of things. But there are others who believe general disposition and character makeup is mostly forged by the time we're 5 years old. Obviously hugely traumatic events or hugely positive events can alter this, but generally our adult view of the world is a product of our 'nature', combined with nurture up until about 5 years old.

On a note regarding the article, I have to agree with you. It is a bit silly.... Whoever funded this must be shaking their heads.. I could have saved them some money and told them this.

'People with a positive dispositional attitude have a strong tendency to like things, whereas people with a negative dispositional attitude have a strong tendency to dislike things, according to research published in the Journal of Personality and Social Psychology.'

Doh