www.chinaphonearena.com

Full Version: How to install 5.1 rom on my doogee dg550
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
after problems with 4.4.4 rom, i downloaded 5.1 rom and i need help about installing this rom on my doogee dg550.

Rom downloaded from: [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]

looking forward reply...best regards
Can you show screenshot of what's in the ROM?

Also, just a small caution, I'd be skeptical of any ROM that's not on needrom.
Screenshot of rom 5.1 file after zip:
You need to flash or boot custom recovery TWRP or CWM. That recovery is probably custom recovery, but there is no scatter. I don't think Doogee 550 has fastboot.

Do you have custom recovery on your phone already? If you do, then copy those files to your phone and boot into recovery and "restore" that Nandroid backup there.

If you don't, then get custom recovery on your phone and restore that Nandroid backup.

By the way, this is quite unlikely to be real 5.1. There was never any 5.1 kernel released for MT6592. Probably just a skinned and modded 4.4. I could be wrong, but that's my guess.
Thank you very much and good luck
(2016-01-23, 02:32)dave65 Wrote: [ -> ]Thank you very much and good luck

Please let us know how things turn out. It can benefit others with similar situation. It if have other questions about the process, you can ask here.
Getting TWRP recovery , Copying rom 5.1 file zip on sd card, starting with recovery mode make Wipe factory reset and cache data, when i try to install the 5.1 rom i received message "Failed" don't find MD5 file.
rom 5.1 installed successfully, all works fine except Radio and all contacts on the sim cards has been lost,( No contacts on your sim card) how can i do to import my contacts ?
(2016-01-25, 04:22)dave65 Wrote: [ -> ]rom 5.1 installed successfully, all works fine except Radio and all contacts on the sim cards has been lost,( No contacts on your sim card) how can i do to import my contacts ?

Ah. Sorry did not reply to your earlier problem. How did you fix the situation?

For the contacts, did you try the import function in the dialer?
Thank you for your reply, about your question
I try to import contacts from the SIM card but a message appears "No contacts in the SIM card".
Pages: 1 2