www.chinaphonearena.com

Full Version: unpacked content of SD upgrade packages
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

I'm no programmer while I do have some PC skills... Blush ... I was curious what's the real content of those update packages... so I used "ROM helper" to repack and extract some of the ROM updates to it's original structure...

[attachment=2831][attachment=2832]

Using "Total commander" (two window file explorer and more), its easy to compare which files have been changed or added, Notepad++ allows you to open a few things and trying to understand how this all works... well, but there is the point where my skill have its limit...

If anyone interested out of curiousity or/and skilled enough to do some "functional modifications", here are the files for downloading:

ROM helper:
[Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]

content SD V2.4 abroad:

content SD V2.7:

content SD V3.0:

content SD V3.1:

Repacking to a flashable zip shouldn't be a problem too after it looks like this again: [attachment=2833]
If you're feeling very bold, you can try to port something from Mi4i. I think the biggest hurdle will be the dual battery setup. I'm guessing that's something custom in the kernel. Still, can't hurt to try. You could also try just flashing a system.img from mi4i and leave kernel and all else the same.
(2016-02-05, 13:34)GottaGetX Wrote: [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]
There are also some CM12.1 (Android 5.1) based ROMS for Mi4i. Yea, I agree it's probably not worth the time, but if someone e was bored someday and wanted to give it a shot...
very good duscussion!!!! very interesting!! I believe for future developement!!! :-DDD
(2016-02-06, 05:36)crusades Wrote: [ -> ]very good duscussion!!!! very interesting!! I believe for future developement!!! :-DDD

Well, if you know someone who can deal with that kind of stuff, I can't... MIUI would be nice to have, wouldn't it? I'm just trying to "attract" someone who has solid skill to deal with android coding...
(2016-02-06, 06:28)bollland Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-02-06, 05:36)crusades Wrote: [ -> ]very good duscussion!!!! very interesting!! I believe for future developement!!! :-DDD

Well, if you know someone who can deal with that kind of stuff, I can't... MIUI would be nice to have, wouldn't it? I'm just trying to "attract" someone who has solid skill to deal with android coding...

I am no able to make this stuff! but I am hopeful that someone will go out!