www.chinaphonearena.com

Full Version: Stuck on "installing update"
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi!

I just tried to install v2.4 from my SD card by updating it through the phone.
But the phone don't seem to finish the update, it's been stuck for about 5 five hours.
I've tried to get into recovery by holding down the power and volym up button but that any makes the phone to restart and go back to the "installing update" screen.
I also don't get any contact with the computer when I connect it Undecided

Anyone have any ideas?
Wish ROM version before? Which recovery, stock or TWRP?
(2016-02-06, 13:02)bollland Wrote: [ -> ]Wish ROM version before? Which recovery, stock or TWRP?

I think I had v1.0 or v1.1, it was android 5.0
I'm using stock recovery!
(2016-02-06, 17:43)allonan Wrote: [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]
(2016-02-06, 18:42)bollland Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-02-06, 17:43)allonan Wrote: [ -> ][quote='bollland' pid='51960' dateline='1454734953']
Wish ROM version before? Which recovery, stock or TWRP?

I think I had v1.0 or v1.1, it was android 5.0

I guess you need to PC flash anyway... please read the top 5 threads in this forum!

(2016-02-06, 18:42)bollland Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-02-06, 17:43)allonan Wrote: [ -> ]I think I had v1.0 or v1.1, it was android 5.0

I guess you need to PC flash anyway... please read the top 5 threads in this forum!

I've read the top 5 threads, but as I said before my phone won't show up on my computer.
I've tried installing all drivers that has been linked here in the forum and restarting my computer after every install, without any result.
I've tried it on both windows 7 and 10. Even tried to connect it to my mac to se if something would pop up.
Nothing shows up on any of my computers, but the device still seems to get charged.. So right now i'm stuck Big Grin
Again... this
[Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]
might help...
(2016-02-07, 10:43)bollland Wrote: [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]
might help...

Again, I could connect my phone to the computer so I couldn't use qfil or miflash.
But I finally managed make my phone show up on my computer. In quite a weird way, I held down all volum buttons together with the power button for maybe 30 seconds.
Then it popped up in device manager, then I just installed the drivers and flashed it QFIL Smiling Everything works great now, thanks for the help!
(2016-02-10, 00:24)allonan Wrote: [ -> ]Again, I could connect my phone to the computer so I couldn't use qfil or miflash.
But I finally managed make my phone show up on my computer. In quite a weird way, I held down all volum buttons together with the power button for maybe 30 seconds.
Then it popped up in device manager, then I just installed the drivers and flashed it QFIL Smiling Everything works great now, thanks for the help!

Congrats! I guess next time you will be "more prepared"...Wink