www.chinaphonearena.com

Full Version: Compass-Problems anyone?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey guys!

i discovered a huge problem with my compass in any app i tried, like google maps, here and so on. Is this a popular problem or just my phone?

Is there any possibility to repair this?

The bolt shows always in the wrong direction all the time.

Best regards and thanks for helping me.
Have you tried to calibrate? Weave your hand in "figure 8" motion while twisting your wrist. Do that for about 30 seconds.

Also try this thread
[Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]
(2016-02-08, 12:25)Ninja^F.U.B.A.R. Wrote: [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]

Did this for 30 seconds, nothing helped. Undecided

the z- testing app shows me, dat the compass has some sort of issue.
What is the message z-device tester gives you?
(2016-02-08, 21:49)Ninja^F.U.B.A.R. Wrote: [ -> ]What is the message z-device tester gives you?

there is unfortunately no message appearing, the bolt stucks between north-east and east, normally a compass should be able to adjust.
This is an old thread BUT! did you find a fix? I ask because I have the same problem.

cachaciero
Compass is reliable only if it's well calibrated but you could not trust 100%, after a while it will show wrong directions again.
(2016-12-10, 08:59)mirog Wrote: [ -> ]Compass is reliable only if it's well calibrated but you could not trust 100%, after a while it will show wrong directions again.
Mine is totally unreliable and calibration as such does not work whichever ever way you try it. It is my belief that the driver is broken. Interestingly I see that a Samsung model of the same era had what appears to be the same problem, that got fixed.

I love the phone but the broken compass is becoming a major problem when using Navigation programs, as maps swing about all over the place.

cachaciero