www.chinaphonearena.com

Full Version: THL W8
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello everyone, and CPA staff!

I now own a THL W8, and I must say the phone feels $400+! I'm really not kidding, the build quality right from the get go is fantastic. THL is a real Chinese company that create communication devices, they have a factory and office address, with real tech support. Many buyers from my country have given it great reviews, and have had good help from the company alone. Unlike many other China phones tech support is non-existent, many companies don't want to hear from the customer at all. THL are completely different.

So onto the phone.

I bought my W8 from dx.com (Deal Extreme) for $172 from the AU direct site. I recieved the phone in 5 days and tested it as soon as it arrived. First off, the box is just about the same as any other China phone but this didn't have stolen art on it, instead had THL printed around it Big Grin I opened the box and took the phone out, went to go place the battery in and couldn't find out how to open the cover. I had to read the instructions which are actually for the phone! Most china phones don't have proper instructions and also have screenshots of Android 2.2. These were all upto date.

Once I found out how to remove the cover, I realised the cover was a bit flimsy. I do recall the Galaxy S4 has the same problem with a bad thin cover. Is this an issue? Not really because even brand phones are built like this.

There's so many positives about the phone, the main attraction and important part of the phone is the screen. Not sure who manufactures the screen, but it's the nicest 5" screen I've seen in a China phone, it's VERY, VERY close to Samsung's screens. Rich bright colours, with an amazing contrast. It's really a phone you have to see in person to know how good it is.

Performance is outstanding, at Quad-core 1.2GHz at $170 is a no-brainer. I thought dual-core was quick in the DaPeng i9977, but Quad-core is amazingly quick.

I haven't had any 3G issues so far, so I can say call quality and mic quality is great.

The camera is 8MP, and phones looks very, very nice. I know I've used the word 'very' a lot, but I can't think of any other word that's simple to describe the quality of the phone. The camera can record 720p video, and HD photos.

Like most MTK phones the GPS doesn't work very well, I haven't tried any fixes as of yet but if I manage to get it lock well I'll edit the review.

I think I've hit all bases with this review, any questions be more than happy to ask. Smile