www.chinaphonearena.com

Full Version: Seriously?$59.99 can buy an amazing smartphone?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Dispatch: Ships within 4-8 business days FREE SHIPPING
$59.99

Main Features:
Display: 5.5 inch 1280 x 720 HD Screen
CPU: MTK6580 Quad Core 1.0GHz
GPU: Mali-400MP
System: Android 5.1
RAM + ROM: 1GB RAM + 8GB ROM, TF card up to 64GB
Camera: Back camera 5.0MP (SW 8.0MP) with flashlight and auto focus + front camera 2.0MP (SW 5.0MP)
Bluetooth: 4.0
GPS: Yes
SIM Card: Dual SIM dual standby, dual Micro SIM cards
Network:
2G: GSM 850/900/1800/1900MHz
3G: WCDMA 850/1900/2100MHz

[Image: 201512071410494944.jpg]

[Image: 201511201718372414.jpg]

[Image: 201511201718437222.jpg]

[Image: 201511201718495910.jpg]

Wanna buy one?Click here:

http://www.gearbest.com/cell-phones/pp_268418.html
I have noticed posts/reviews that this device has a "non-standard" headphone plug. One web retailer even had a warning about this fact on the product description page.

Could you please explain to me the difference between a standard headphone plug that takes any pair of headphones and this device?
Hi edcoolio,

There is no difference between headphone plug and this device.
Almost every headphone can fit it.
(2016-02-17, 14:01)www.gearbest.com Wrote: [ -> ]Hi edcoolio,

There is no difference between headphone plug and this device.
Almost every headphone can fit it.

I'm confused. It has clearly been stated in multiple places that the depth is custom/different. (16mm / 14mm ) In fact, I found this:

[another forum]

Is this wrong?
Are you saying this adapter is not necessary? I would be very upset if I purchase this product only to find that half (or all) of my headphones do not work with it without some moronic adapter...
Can the headphone insert it?
(2016-02-20, 15:49)www.gearbest.com Wrote: [ -> ]Can the headphone insert it?

I do not understand your question as an answer to my question.

Of course, you are under no obligation to answer if you do not want to or do not know, but it would be nice to have a direct answer if possible.
If you've seen it posted and confirmed in several places already, then take it as gospel that you'll need an adapter. This is has happened in the past with some China phones, and if I'm remembering correctly, one of them was a Doogee model (DG550?), though it has been awhile since seeing this shortcoming.
(2016-02-21, 00:35)NexusTrix Wrote: [ -> ]If you've seen it posted and confirmed in several places already, then take it as gospel that you'll need an adapter. This is has happened in the past with some China phones, and if I'm remembering correctly, one of them was a Doogee model (DG550?), though it has been awhile since seeing this shortcoming.

I was hoping there was more than one model, maybe European vs "whatever", as the only places I have seen these reports are in non-US websites.

I was also hoping to find someone that actually had one in their hands to check, like a stocking approved supplier.

It is just such a good deal and perfect fit for an older uncle of mine - a nice larger screen phone that is new but basically disposable which also has the required frequencies with enough horsepower to run anything... but I (the tester) and him (the final owner) love our headphones and music!!
(2016-02-21, 04:01)edcoolio Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-02-21, 00:35)NexusTrix Wrote: [ -> ]If you've seen it posted and confirmed in several places already, then take it as gospel that you'll need an adapter. This is has happened in the past with some China phones, and if I'm remembering correctly, one of them was a Doogee model (DG550?), though it has been awhile since seeing this shortcoming.

I was hoping there was more than one model, maybe European vs "whatever", as the only places I have seen these reports are in non-US websites.

I was also hoping to find someone that actually had one in their hands to check, like a stocking approved supplier.

It is just such a good deal and perfect fit for an older uncle of mine - a nice larger screen phone that is new but basically disposable which also has the required frequencies with enough horsepower to run anything... but I (the tester) and him (the final owner) love our headphones and music!!
Makes sense, but getting a larger shop like this to physically check, or confirm with manufacturer an issue like this, especially with the language barrier is likely going to be futile, or highly frustrating at best.

Might be worth a shot anyways, it's so cheap. Looks possibly an adapter will fix the issue if ends up being as you've read.
FYI, for anyone interested in this product, since a straight answer is otherwise impossible to get or unpopular to ask:

You CANNOT just simply plug in your current headphones into this device.

I have confirmed with an owner that it does indeed require a "dongle", that should be included in the package, in order for your regular 3.5mm headphones to work.

Basically, the adapter has a standard 3.5mm jack connected to a longer 3.5mm jack. The 3.5mm hole is deeper than a standard headphone jack so in order to work, the connector itself must be longer in order to reach the functional areas of the device.

I don't know 100%, but I have to assume that the Doogee/Homtom HT7 Pro likely the same.

That is all.