www.chinaphonearena.com

Full Version: Cyanogenmod 12.1 on Zopo Z700
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Anyone still have an old [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register] lying around? Bored with Kitkat and Chinese bloatware? Here's how you can upgrade to Cyanogenmod 12.1 (Lollipop 5.1) with security patches up to 1-1-2016.

First I have to give all credits to [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register], who posted the rom on [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]. As far as I can tell after a few days testing, it is nearly bug free, there is a nag at every startup that SIM card have been changed, but it doesn't affect operation and all functions well. The only thing I did here, is elaborate on the instructions that came with this ROM.

First, you need to be on kitkat. I wrote another [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register] on that. If you are already on kitkat, you might want to reflash the stock rom, which you can find on Needrom as well. In that case, in SP Flash tool, select 'Download only' in the dropdown, so you don' t have to restore IMEI/NVRAM later. Next, you need to change partition space somewhat, the EBR files for that are on the [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register], together with the 12.1 rom and a couple of patches you will need later: CM_3G__Fix_ZP700,Kinguser_Ajit and dolby_Ajit. (the superuser and Dolby patches are in a rar that you need to unpack) Also, you need to flash a custom recovery, I recommend using [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register], again from Needrom.

To flash the EBR files and the custom recovery, you need to load the scatter file from the stock ROM, uncheck everything except the two EBRs and 'Recovery', and then click on the paths of those files. Now browse to the folder where you downloaded them to, and select them. Then perform the flash.
Download [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register] (ARM,5.1,mini) and put it on a mini SD card, together with the CM12.1, CM_3G__Fix_ZP700,Kinguser_Ajit and dolby_Ajit zips. Put the SD in your Zopo.

After this, boot the phone, (takes some time the first time) and boot into recovery by pressing power + volume down simultanously. Now, for some reason this didn't work for me. in that case you need to turn developer mode on (about phone, tap build number 7 times) and enable 'usb debugging'. Install [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register] on your PC, open a command promt and type: 'adb server start' followed by 'adb reboot recovery'. (You will have to allow the PC access on your phone) The phone should reboot into recovery now. In the main screen, choose 'wipe-factory reset' and swipe. After the reset is complete, go back to the main screen and select install. Select ' external storage' from the dropdown and select the CM12.1 zip. Swipe to install. When finished, reboot.

You will notice that the sim isn't recognised. Don't worry, for that, and a couple of other issues, we are going to install the patches, together with the OpenGapps to get Google Play functionality. Now you need to enable developer mode again, same way as before. After that, in developer settings, enable 'advanced reboot'. This will give you an option to reboot into recovery without using buttons or ADB. Reboot, and choose 'reboot into recovery'. Flash the patches. Reboot. Congatulations, you are on Android 5.1, runs like a rocket too!
[Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]
[Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]