www.chinaphonearena.com

Full Version: Blackview BV5000 Malware and Phishing
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I can confirm that the BV5000 is riddled with Malware. Checked my phone this morning and noticed it hadn't slept for 14 hours. Checked the cause and my email had been keeping the phone awake for 11 of those 14 hours. I disabled the email and within an hour a friend calls to say he was receiving spam from my AOL address. After changing the password and adding two factor authentication I'm still reluctant to sign back in. Decided to change my main account password (Gmail) and haven't signed back into that either.

So this afternoon I scan it with Virustotal and find an app called Funky Karts that I know absolutely nothing about. It's not in my app drawer or on my app list and riddled with Malware. The stock launcher is also dodgy and I'm inclined to get rid of that too since I use Nova.

I'm going to stick with the ones I've used before. In fact I'm no longer going to buy any China phones from new or small manufacturers too. Just the big boys from now on. If it doesn't say Lenovo, Xiaomi, Huawei etc I'm not bothering no matter how sweet the deal is and I advise others to follow suit.