www.chinaphonearena.com

Full Version: Blackview BV5000 Malware and Phishing (Part 2)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Unfortunately my previous thread was edited/sanitized and frozen. There are users on the Blackview forum complaining about this issue and since we can't have all bought from the same supplier I absolve and apologize to 1949deal. There are three apps and the stock launcher that are the culprits. Two of the apps can be removed easily but the third one ( /system/app/jk_QuickSearchBox ) is a system app that requires root to remove. The stock launcher requires the same.

The BV5000 is notoriously hard to root but someone on the Blackview forum using a Russian hack did it and it worked for me too. I tried My Backup Pro and Titanium but they failed to isolate the Quicksearchbox Malware. Virustotal and it's sister app Fast Uninstall did the trick. Hopefully my phone is clean now.

I respectfully ask that the Moderators leave this thread open so others (especially those new to Chinese phones) can contribute and learn from my experience. It's disheartening to know that companies are still doing this and even more disheartening that this excellent forum sanitized and froze a thread that addressed this troubling and important issue.
Hello Twotems,

First, we want to say that your presence on the forum here is highly valued. You have been a long time contributing member and that's been very much appreciated.

On to less pleasant issues, of which the only reason we bother to address and take the time to explain, is because you're Twotems

Your post was sanitized because it was implied a forum sponsor may have been installing malware on your phone, which, while we aren't all seeing, know to be highly, highly unlikely, and which has now been found to be almost certainly not the case, thus not only was a shop's reputation being damaged, but falsely so.

That's the reason it was sanitized.

The reason it was closed was because you continued to press it.

Let's try to concentrate on removal, as opposed to blame, or baseless assumptions. That is a dead avenue.

If we can keep it on the track of the malware and it's properties, and removal of the malware, of course the thread can continue regarding that.
Looks like wasn't possible. Thread closed.