www.chinaphonearena.com

Full Version: [Preview] Onda Obook 10 | Z8300 Cherry Trail!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Onda has been around for several years and is considered one of the top China brand tablets. They're known for putting out good tablets at great price points.

Up for preview today is a brand new release from Onda - Onda Obook 10, exciting because it includes the new Intel Z8300, 4GB RAM and 64GB built-in storage.

Obook 10 [email protected]

Onda Obook 10 specifications
  • Display: 10.1" IPS 1280*800 WXGA
  • SoC: Intel x5-Z8300 Cherry Trail
  • CPU: [email protected] turbo up to 1.83GHz
  • GPU: Intel Gen8
  • RAM: 4GB
  • ROM: 64GB
  • OTG host: Yes
  • TF SD expandable: Yes
  • Docking keyboard available: Yes *not included
  • Bluetooth: 4.0
  • Front camera: 2MP
  • Battery: 6000mAh
  • Gravity sensor: Yes
  • HDMI: Yes, w/UHD 4K out support
  • Charging: 5V 2.5A

The first thing we notice about the Onda 10 is that it doesn't carry a FHD display, but 1280*800 should be more than adequate for most people on a 10" screen.

There are benefits to the lower resolution display as well, including smoother, quicker performance and better battery life.

There's a great looking docking keyboard available for the Onda Obook 10 as well, which allows you to face the tablet forward or backward.

Also notable is the big 4GB RAM and 64GB storage. Windows 10 comes stock, and according to Onda, there is a Windows 10 + Android 5.1 build available as well.

Obook 10 [email protected]

If you're looking for a powerful tablet but don't want to break the bank, consider the Onda Obook 10, which is on sale at Gearbest now.
This device is basically a clone, or at least very close relative, of the Asus Transformer Book (T100HA).

Considering those are going for $300 new, I would say that this device with the keyboard coming it at well under $200 is a great deal for anyone needing this form factor.

In fact, it is cheaper to buy this new with the keyboard that the same spec. Asus USED!

Great pre-sale deal.
Just a heads up that this tablet ended up a thumbs down. Full review is here: http://www.chinaphonearena.com/onda-oboo...gb-tablet/

The main issue is WiFi, but there are also a few unfortunate design decisions.

Still recommending the Chuwi Hi10.
http://www.gearbest.com/tablet-pcs/pp_244798.html
(2016-04-04, 14:16)Gizbeat Wrote: [ -> ]Just a heads up that this tablet ended up a thumbs down. Full review is here: http://www.chinaphonearena.com/onda-oboo...gb-tablet/

The main issue is WiFi, but there are also a few unfortunate design decisions.

Still recommending the Chuwi Hi10.
http://www.gearbest.com/tablet-pcs/pp_244798.html

Good heads up review, in particular the information about the crippled wifi.

There are some things I will never understand when it comes to device designers and assumptions made of their end users.

The charger is one example. I cannot believe that they did not take the route of a usb charger either. They are cheap, ubiquitous, and would have the benefit of adding a port when not in use - so why have a dedicated charging port and wall charger? Did they really save any money by doing this? Who knows.

Another would be the keyboard connection light. I hate the concept in general. Everyone I know hates the bright, "I already know that", cannot be turned off indicator light of obviousness. Everyone. Hell, a bright pinpoint light in a darkened room is how law enforcement interrogates subjects.

Maybe I just don't know enough people.
Thanks for your comments Ed. Always appreciated when someone takes the time to read the reviews.

I don't get it either. There is no logical explanation as to the dedicated charging port.

The bright blue light looks cool, but is extremely annoying sitting there directly at the bottom of the tablet. Just makes no sense.

The WiFi is a widespread problem with the Onda Obook 10. Not sure if they've fixed it by V5 (so far there are 3 versions, V1, V3, V5), but V1 and V3 definitely have the problem. Most people just gave up and using a dongle which takes up the only USB port on the tablet, or ended up bricked trying to flash new firmware and such.

Yea man, you've just got to wonder. Especially for a company that's been around for a long while, they should be whipping these things out problem free and free of silly design choices.

Anyways, it makes the Chuwi Hi10 shine at just a few bucks more.