www.chinaphonearena.com

Full Version: Running Android on PC
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Has anyone had any success with this? I tried it a few months ago but didn't get very far because it kept crashing. If I remember, the build wasn't very stable anyway (I think it was at 4.0) but everything seemed to work ok apart from bluetooth.

If there is a way to stop it from crashing then I might have a project in mind, maybe a car PC or something?

Please, let me know your experiences with this Cool
There are several different ways you can do this. Android SDK, BlueStacks emulator, or run Android ported to x86. There's a very good tutorial here [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]
Hmm, I wasn't really after an emulator, I was more wanting to run the x86 port as a full OS. I read somewhere earlier that 4.3 is now available for testing, I might give that a try... I don't think the kids would be too impressed though as theirs is the only spare PC I have at the moment. I'll just download Angry Birds, that will keep them quiet! Big Grin
(2013-09-01, 08:32)bones341 Wrote: [ -> ]Hmm, I wasn't really after an emulator, I was more wanting to run the x86 port as a full OS. I read somewhere earlier that 4.3 is now available for testing, I might give that a try... I don't think the kids would be too impressed though as theirs is the only spare PC I have at the moment. I'll just download Angry Birds, that will keep them quiet! Big Grin

Well that's what I linked to. It's a true version of Android. Ported to run on x86. Check the linked post. Yes, you'll have to run it in Virtual Box. It needs a space to run in.