www.chinaphonearena.com

Full Version: Android 4.3 on mtk6589?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
As title, when android 4.3 will be
Ready for mtk6589 Chinese phone?

It seems a lot faster than 4.2..

Thank you in advance for the answers
I've got the same question, anyone know when 4.3 might be available for any of the MediaTek phones?

Lots of sellers on Alibaba are putting 4.3 into the listing title, but I doubt they really have it...
If I remember correctly, it took about 2 or 3 months for phones to be released with real 4.2.1 after coming out for Nexus.

An interesting fact... Samsung still hasn't released 4.2.2 for their phones.
Hmm. The ROM Maine posted for / put on my S7589 was a ported version of Samsung's N9500. The "About Phone" describes the OS as 4.2.2. I have no real way of telling though.

Has anyone here done a custom ROM from AOSP before? How many hours am I looking at? Tens, hundreds, more?

Ha. Oops. My mistake again. The N9500 is not a Samsung phone. My bad.
maybe off topic? but this post shows the subtle stock differences between 4.2.1 and 4.2.2. most, (maybe all?) 4.2.2 China custom ROMS claiming to be a 4.2.2 version are really 4.2.1 version.

[Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]
On this site the administrator answers that they are testing 4.3 for the iNew right now and that the new firmware should be up whenever ready:

[Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]