www.chinaphonearena.com

Full Version: 2GB, 2.5GB or 3GB Data Partition!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
See post #2 for the 3GB mod. Deselect everything except for EBR1 and EBR2 after the scatter file is loaded.

Tested and working on Caesar a9600 / zp900h

Full tutorial on the main site at: [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]

Quick and dirty:
  • Install ADB Drivers
  • Run Flash Tool and load appropriate scatter
  • Turn Off Phone
  • Click Download on Flash Tools
  • Plug in Phone
  • Go into CWM and factory reset, or restore a previous TWRP/CWM full backup, or install ROM from zip. If want to flash a ROM from PC, that's fine, however make sure EBR1 EBR2 are unticked, otherwise the partition mod you just did will be overwritten.

Files Required:
[Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]
Just tested and uploaded the 3GB data mod. This mod will leave you with 47mb internal storage. It's not a problem, just wanted to note it.

Tested the 2GB and 2,5GB. Works fine with Zopo zp900h/Caesar a9600. Also tried out 3GB version but phone got stuck on boot logo.
Further testing by AMV has gotten the 3GB mod working on Caesar a9600 / zopo zp900h .

I will try to get a version uploaded with the recent CWM recovery for a9600. Or if someone beats me too it, that would be great. Until then, leave recovery and everything else except EBR1 and EBR2 unchecked when you flash this mod.
I only get the 3GB mod to work, if I uncheck everything in SP Flash Tools except the preloader, EBR1 and EBR2. If I only uncheck recovery as described here, my phone won´t start.
(2013-04-02, 00:21)ontario Wrote: [ -> ]I only get the 3GB mod to work, if I uncheck everything in SP Flash Tools except the preloader, EBR1 and EBR2. If I only uncheck recovery as described here, my phone won´t start.

Yes, that was initially a test measure because we couldn't get the 3GB mod to work with just EBR1 and EBR2 (apparently there was some other issue, because AMV and you both have been successful), so we tested it by flashing the whole package. The reason your phone won't start is because you've flashed over everything in the phone. The way to remedy that is to SD Update a ROM from recovery, restore a backup from recovery or flash different ROM.

So now we know the 3GB ROM mod will work fine by just flashing EBR1 and EBR2. Two people have gotten it to work fine. Thanks for your help with troubleshooting. I'll modify the post now.
Ok, thanks for your explanation. Here´s a screenshot:

[attachment=53]