www.chinaphonearena.com

Full Version: [MOD] Update SystemUI to correct Battery Level with GravityBox
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have made a mod to update SystemUI.apk to be compatible with Gravity Box.

With this mod, battery level is correctly showed in lockscreen and notification when you choose to show battery level in settings.

This mod is compatible with each ROM.

This mod directly extracts your SystemUi.apk file from your phone and modify it and finaly reinstall it on your phone.

A backup is made, so you can reverse to the original one.

Two options : you can use adb to reinstall file or use a zip file to install with TWRP.
I'm using the fantastic tool APK_MULTI_TOOL_WIP_2.0.

Unzip on your PC the zip you will find : [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]

First, your phone must be rooted and usb debugging must be set.
Plug your phone to your PC and launch setup.bat
This step will set up directories and get files from your phone.

When it's OK, launch update_systemUI.bat

You have four options.
1. Update SystemUI with adb.
2. Update SystemUI with a zip to install with TWRP
3. Restore with adb
4. Restore with a zip to install with TWRP

If you use adb, be careful, adb shell must have root access. So the first time it will have a prompt from SuperSU on your phone to give root access to adb Shell. Enable it, if not you can't send files to your phone.

If you choose zip files to install with TWRP, this will also install facelock on your phone

Enjoy
I've already compiled some zip to flash by TWRP for you :

For new multilanguage 2.3 : [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]

For rom 2.7 : [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]

For new rom 3.3 : [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]
(2016-04-17, 00:33)stevejc Wrote: [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]

For rom 2.7 : [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]

For new rom 3.3 : [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]
Could you provide a Zip for TWRP for the 3.2 ROM 3.3. does not work for me.

Another question: Are you capable of modifying the ROM in a way that the classic shutdown menu works again and that one can use the gravity box setting to enable the extended shutdown options (allowing fast reboot and boot to twrp)?
(2016-04-17, 00:33)stevejc Wrote: [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]

Thank you, for version 2.7 confirmed working!
(2016-04-18, 00:20)samba Wrote: [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register] is for V3.2

But you can make it by yourself with my tool ;)

For your another question, I have no problem with the Rom v2.3 (didn't try 3.2 nor 3.3) With gravity box I have the options.

otherwise you can use this powerful application : [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]