www.chinaphonearena.com

Full Version: MT6735 Mediacom Phonepad S552U - Recovery mod
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi Guys. I have the Mediacom Phonepad S552U MT6735 2GB of RAM and 16GB space and running Lollipop 5.1. I have root it by KINGROOT...What CWM mod can I use?" :-)
Hi Casley79 !

I will try to build a twrp custom recovery for your phone (I can't guarantee you the success). Please follow the next steps.

STEPS :

1) Download "adb-setup-1.4.2.exe" (rar) at the next link :

[Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]

2) Install it (double click on the exe inside the rar), then close it.
3) Enable usb debugging into your phone (settings-->developer options).
4) Connect your phone to your computer.
5) In Windows, open cmd (run it as administrator).
6) Type the next command and then press enter:

"adb shell" (without quotes)

7) Type the next command and then press enter:

"su" (without quotes)

8) Now It is fundamental that you have an external sd (microSD) into your phone.
9) Type the next command and then press enter:

"dd if=/dev/block/platform/mtk-msdc.0/by-name/system of=/storage/sdcard1/system.img" (without quotes)

BE PATIENT ... the backup of your System (into your external SD) is now started ... when it will be finished ... the cmd will notify you.

10) Type the next command and then press enter:

"dd if=/dev/block/platform/mtk-msdc.0/by-name/boot of=/storage/sdcard1/boot.img" (without quotes)

BE PATIENT ... the backup of your Boot (into your external SD) is now started ... when it will be finished ... the cmd will notify you.

11) Type the next command and then press enter:

"dd if=/dev/block/platform/mtk-msdc.0/by-name/recovery of=/storage/sdcard1/recovery.img" (without quotes)

BE PATIENT ... the backup of your Recovery (into your external SD) is now started ... when it will be finished ... the cmd will notify you.

12) Close cmd ... copy System/Boot/Recovery (into your external SD) and paste them into a folder (in Windows).
13) Zip the folder (with System/Boot/Recovery inside) and upload it on a file hosting ( I suggest you Mega or Mediafire).
14) Post me the link of your folder by private message.
Hi Casley79 !

Your phone has already a custom recovery Big Grin
A few minutes ago I have opened the recovery.img that you have sent me.
What I have found inside it ? The exact same structure of TWRP. Please see the next screenshot (about "portrait.xml" in initrd-->twres) :

[Image: 9pubrr.jpg]

If your phone is already rooted, I suggest you to install the app called "Quick Boot ( Reboot )" ... and then tap on "recovery" to reboot your phone into twrp custom recovery Smiling
Several attempts to install a recovery mod... I have also try to install one from TWRP app (android mtk one second generation) but now I can not enter into stock recovery ... Probably the file that you are getting is that wrong TWRP but it not working ...
(2016-04-25, 20:36)Casley79 Wrote: [ -> ]Several attempts to install a recovery mod... I have also try to install one from TWRP app (android mtk one second generation) but now I can not enter into stock recovery ... Probably the file that you are getting is that wrong TWRP but it not working ...
Please follow carefully the steps that I have suggested you in the private message called "importante" Smiling
Ok I've installed Stock Recovery by your guide so I think the bootloader is unlocked...
(2016-04-26, 20:16)Casley79 Wrote: [ -> ]Ok I've installed Stock Recovery by your guide so I think the bootloader is unlocked...

Private message Cool
(2016-04-27, 04:38)Cleopatra Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-04-26, 20:16)Casley79 Wrote: [ -> ]Ok I've installed Stock Recovery by your guide so I think the bootloader is unlocked...

Private message Cool

Private message Wink
Problem solved ... thanks to Cleopatra, great user