www.chinaphonearena.com

Full Version: Star s5 butterfly
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
A tad dated i know, it's time either to improve it or make it fly from the window.
Is anything compatible ever made and still around?
I was looking chiefly for CyanogenMod.

Thanks a lot!
You can look here. Probably no CM, but might be a different ROM. Depending what you need your phone for, could upgrade pretty cheap. They still make phones with MT6582 but now known as MT6580. Slightly upgraded chip, but still relevant for budget phones.

[Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]

Also known as Miz Z2.
Good ol' Star S5. Helped put China phones on the map. That's right kiddies, there were China phones before Elephone.
Great, thanks!
Yeah, one of the fist acceptable Chinese phones.
So, is Yulypis' recovery the only ever fit on this model?
Should I bother doing further research? I yes, where?
Thanks again.
Well you only need one working recovery. My opinion is that a new ROM isn't really going to make the phone any better. What is it about the phone now that you're not happy with?
1. Tethering absolutely NOT working.
2. Some unidentified issues with the gps - it works but not as it should.

Just asking anyway. I wanted to install the latest and Yulypis' tutorial dates back to 2013..
You can get a better phone now with 2GB RAM for about $70 if those problems are critical for you. If want to spend less, there are phones even $50 or so for 1GB.

The tutorial is still valid for your phone.
(2016-05-23, 00:41)cookiedough Wrote: [ -> ]You can get a better phone now with 2GB RAM for about $70 if those problems are critical for you. If want to spend less, there are phones even $50 or so for 1GB.

Not a bad idea at all. Thanks!
But before getting the new one let me fry this for good...
Where can I find a compatible CWM or similar to backup my current (stock) ROM?

Thanks again