www.chinaphonearena.com

Full Version: Chuwi problems and my traitorous ways
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've hardly been able to use my Chuwi Vi10 for work. It gets too sluggish when running any program -- really, any program. Sad Impress running on its own gives terrible response time.
Then came more bad news -- storage issues. It was a 5 minute nightmare and my insides got all cold and numb when Windows wouldn't boot due to corrupt memory. It turned out my horribly pricey sd card was messed up. It booted fine when i removed it but have to reroute all data back to the main partition. Phooey.
So it is now being used solely for Kodi, when time permits (absolutely not productive). And I am again desperately needing a tablet for work.

I mentioned this story to one of my colleagues and he went all yappy about the iPad Pro 9.7 and the ridiculously expensive new Apple pencil that goes with it. Naturally, I went into full defense mode, telling him how crazy it is to spend that much money on iThings.

But today... I have seen the truth. And I am considering investing in one, myself.
It's so awesome! I was able to draw circuits on it as if I was drawing on paper. The palm rejection algorithm is amazing beyond contestation. Of course, the peripherals are great (performance and price proportionality). But holy crap about speed, touch response, and stability! And a cool bonus is you can get your name engraved on it. Drool

There it is. I am a traitor to what I've been preaching the past 2 years...
So, please, good people of CPA, suggest an alternative. I will lose my self-respect if I give in to the iPad. Puppy Eyes
The best China tablets still have a ways to go to reach the level of quality of the best China phones. There are more often than not minor issues with them. Nothing major, but just small issues that show they're "not quite there yet".

Don't get me wrong, I really enjoy Chuwi Hi10. The Intel x5 Cherry TraiI Z8300 is a very good SoC and indeed used in major brand notebooks and tablets. An upgrade in SoC may take care of many of the performance issues you're experiencing.

To the point, it's not you that I would consider a traitor, perhaps it's the shiny new notebook. Regardless, you could "cross the line" so to speak if you have the inclination to. Perhaps the old one just not offering what you need. So that's understandable. Things move on, even if the old one stays where it is, stuck on a fence. Lord knows I've done far worse in my life than either you or the shiny happy tablet ever could.

Regarding apps, have you tried iCircuit Windows app? It supports touch, but don't know if it works as well as a shiny happy iPad 9.7 Pro. This along with several other apps came up in a Google search. There's also this: http://www.electroschematics.com/2249/pc...-software/ . Though not sure if any of them support touch. Have seen CAD software as well that may support touch drawing....

There's a huge gap in price between a Cherry Trail China tab and iPad 9.7 Pro, so I'd give some of these apps a go. Perhaps on another touch machine if you can't deal with the old one...