www.chinaphonearena.com

Full Version: stucked - recommendation needed
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Stock D6000 D6000_ROm-coMMON_V1.1
problem:
after 5 months of perfect use pop up screen for pincode sims is black without a home button, sims symbols are outlined black.
If I go to airplane mode home screen comes up
a week later home button is also not visible any more in home screen

Today can only connect to wifi if sims are out of the phone

I suppose I've to do a factory reset to get the phone working with telco providers.
Best way to do before to recup apps? (backup and auto restore is already on in backup & reset menu)

When I've to do a factory reset I'll make copy of files in folders (downloads, photo's, ...) but should I consider a ROM update. Internal system updates says up-to-date.

What should I choose a version 3.4 or a version 2.4 (language English or Dutch) and where can I find the guide to do so, because I think I've first to upgrade to another version?

Some advise is welcome,
TIA

Update
After looking around I've found that \cache is nearly full and \system is full.

Not a routed phone and directory root\cache says empty

Maybe that gives le the trouble
After uninstalling not used apps stays the same

Or link2sd gives me wrong info

Meanwhile /cache OK (wiped)
System 27MB free no change when uninstalling apps

Sent from my D6000 using Tapatalk
Hi !

First of all I cannot understand why you have problems with the memory. On your update, that message should not appear on D6000 as there is plenty of memory for the apps. If cache is full try freeing some space by installing eg. ES Task Administrator, it is a good app and lets you do many things apart from freeing space, it can also optimize your phone.

My advice : Backup everything personal you have on your phone and since you are Dutch (I presume english is your second language) you can upgrade to android 5.1.1 v3.4 (the new one in english, it is not multilanguage).

If you are on android 5.0.x I think (I have not tried it because mine came with 5.1.1 v2.2) you can go direct to 5.1.1. v3.4 via recovery (zip file), it not then you will have to do it through PC and cable (a bit more complicated).

How to upgrade ? You can find a thread for that, which is here :

[Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]

You can find the ROM easily on the forum, look for v3.4. I would strongly recommend you to go for the GApps as well as the Root as it will give you more control over the phone.

Good luck !