www.chinaphonearena.com

Full Version: CWM or similar running on Star S5
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi friends,
I'm looking for a CWM or similar for star s5/Miz Z2 (MT6589, rom: 5gb, android 4.2.1) to backup my current (stock) ROM before I blow everything up.
Do you have anything left?
Try here

[Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]
Already tried. Of the two downloads, one is an .img file and the other (supposedly pda net) does not work.

I am not sure yet about what CWM is exactly or what extension it comes with. Is that .img file, it?
What do you mean PDAnet doesn't work... Is download corrupted, link dead...?

.img is correct. It's supposed to be that. You flash that to your phone. Because it's Jelly Bean you can probably root with one of the .apk apps that doesn't require a PC, then flash the .img file through "flashify" on Play. So you won't need to worry about drivers or flashing your phone.

CWM is a recovery that allows you to root and flash custom ROM. But since you have 4.2, you can root with one of the PC roots or .apk roots.

Can I ask what you want CWM for?
So, the link should be fine, just the download doesn't start (tried with a browser free from noscript etc.)

Yes, I rooted it a while ago. The problem is I still haven't got all the step right. I mean a .img is not CWM is it? I'm asking for CWM. What I need CWM for? I said it before: to backup my stock ROM before flashing stuff and possibly getting stuck in between. Isn't it supposed to do that?

No CWM for this phone? Fair enough, any other tool to backup my stock ROM?
Yes. CWM is the .IMG file. It's a recovery you flash on the phone that gives some special access to system partitions and such for rooting and backing up etc...

Easiest way for you might be to root and then flash through flashify. Are you rooted already?