www.chinaphonearena.com

Full Version: Not an easy question
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Greetings ladies and gents,
I have a couple still perfectly new batteries left from my, on death row, Star s5. Back when I bought it I ordered 4 more of them in addition to the two in the package. I was a tat too much forward-thinking I guess. I don't think is even possible to order more than the one coming with the phone nowadays.

I used three of them so far and I do not want to throw the rest away.
I was wondering whether you could help me to find a new compatible phone model in which I can use those batteries.
The S5 battery is 7.5 cm long x 6 cm wide, 3.7V.

By now, I know every single seller on Aliexpress as I've been enquiring tabula rasa all week.
I've been checking just the models mounting MT processors, 5'', 1/2gb ram, but the upshot is quite bleak.

So far, according to descriptions and from the sellers the only one phone I might adapt the batteries in I could find is the so called Doogee X5 Pro.
It has a 7cm long x 6 cm wide, 3.7V, with in the wrong side plates battery. Just bespoken for the job!

I don't know if I am allowed to post links, anyway if you find a picture of its back without cover you may notice part of the plastic in the battery slot's lower side could be removed apparently without causing important damage; same for the plates: they can easily connected with the ones in the battery.

Other currently popular brands such as HOMTOM, Bluboo or Vkworld have 3.8V batteries or distinctly incompatible ones .

Any idea? Big Grin
I will tell you very clearly. Do not let this be a factor in deciding what phone to buy.

You won't find a modern compatible phone with those batteries. Battery size is very specific. Even 1mm off in any direction and you're likely screwed. Even if you found one that fit physically, the contacts need to exactly match.

Batteries are cheap. $10-15 usually, sometimes less. Let the idea go and free yourself to choose whatever phone you fancy within your budget.
Doogee X5 Max is a good choice. Gizbeat has a review of it and recommends it. You won't be experiencing a big upgrade in power...but camera, battery life, display (maybe), OS, will all be a step up. Camera looks great for a $65 phone. Might be the best phone at that price. But looks you don't care about camera. Maybe think about a MT6735 phone too. That's good for under hundred dollar phone.