www.chinaphonearena.com

Full Version: HOW TO UNBRICK A ZOPO ZP950+
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
After spending some time on Russian forums I found a way to un-brick my device.

Hopefully this will be useful to other people as well).

You will need:

1. SP Flash Tool [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]
2. preloader.bin from another simillar MT6589 ROM (I used the one from the latest official Iocean X7 ROM) - PRELOADER UNBRICK - [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register] ... Qgx89htA00xyv3Qrt_Q

3. Latest JB 4.2.1 from Zopo - ZOPO 4.2.1 ROM - [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]
4. MT6589 drivers - [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]
STEPS:

1. Install the MT6589 drivers on your WINDOWS computer
2. take the battery out of your phone and connect the USB cable, windows should install the required drives. Disconnect the phone
3. Start SP Flash and select the scatter file from the archive you have downloaded
4. DESELECT EVERYTHING except PRELOADER
5. Click on PRELOADER and browse to the newly downloaded PRELOADER_UNBRICK file
6. Click on Download and ignore the message
7. Now, this is very important, while holding the VOLUME + button connect the USB to the phone, do not let go of the VOLUME + button, hold it until the SP FLASH process finishes, mine took about a couple of minutes, while the process bar went to 100% RED and then through a PURPLE if I remember correctly. Only let go of the VOLUME + when you see the last GREEN CIRCLE. ( IF SP FLASH CAN'T SEE THE PHONE WHEN YOU PLUG THE USB, STILL HOLDING THE VOLUME + BUTTON, INSERT THE BATTERY - THE PROCESS IS THEN THE SAME)
8. Now, if this went OK, you should have a brand new working preloader on your phone
9. Disconnect the cable from the phone and Restart SP Flash Tool
10. Same steps as before, select the scatter file, but now DESELECT the PRELOADER
11. click on DOWNLOAD and ignore the message
12. With the battery out reconnect the USB cable to the phone, if the flashing process doesn't start, insert the battery and the flashing process will start. It will take a good few minutes, but you should be OK.
13. DO NOT TAKE THE BATTERY OUT AFTER THE FLASHING PROCESS HAS FINISHED, JUST DISCONNECT THE USB CABLE AND PRESS THE POWER BUTTON
14. FINGERS CROSSED YOUR UNBRICKED DEVICE IS NOW POWERING

GOOD LUCK!

I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE THIS PROCESS MIGHT CAUSE TO YOUR DEVICE.THIS PROCESS MIGHT WORK WITH OTHER MT6589 DEVICES

Did this help you? Please feel free to leave a comment below. I'll try and help as much as I can.
What is the decryption key to download those files from mega.co.nz?
(2013-09-06, 08:31)csleex Wrote: [ -> ]What is the decryption key to download those files from mega.co.nz?

the encryption for the preloader file is:

PqTUHCkUUDmY1AaOZUUKPxv4Qgx89htA00xyv3Qrt_Q
Managed to download the preloader but I get dram error as always... Sad
I get the following error.

common Hint: For SP Flash Tool issues:

Please supply your tool version, GUI screen shot, and tool logs when you encounter trouble with the latest tool.
how to obtain the tool logs?
1. Run the tool.
2.Press Ctrl+alt+t (tool title hint: Runtine Trace Mode)
3.[menu]Help-[subMenu] open logs folder.

BROM ERROR: S_COM_PORT_OPEN_FAIL (1013)

[COM] Failed to open COM 5

[HINT]:
Possible reason:1. If you use UART1 to dowload DA, please make sure that you have selectedthe correct UART1 COM port first!2. USB driver is abnormal, please restore them, and then try again

hi guys,

are you using the SP Flash Tool in the post?
(2013-11-13, 00:12)techpunked Wrote: [ -> ]hi guys,

Fairly sure it's SP Flash Tool. OP mentions it, and the image appears to be from SP Flash Tools.

Are you bricked right now techpunked?
(2013-11-13, 00:39)Gizbeat Wrote: [ -> ]

Fairly sure it's SP Flash Tool. OP mentions it, and the image appears to be from SP Flash Tools.

no, I'm not bricked, this is my guide Tongue

the whole procedure has to be done with the SP Flash Tool attached in the post.

that is why I was asking what version they are using.
(2013-11-13, 00:52)techpunked Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-11-13, 00:39)Gizbeat Wrote: [ -> ]

no, I'm not bricked, this is my guide Tongue

the whole procedure has to be done with the SP Flash Tool attached in the post.

that is why I was asking what version they are using.
That's what I get for clicking 'last post'. Doh
[/quote]
That's what I get for clicking 'last post'. Doh
[/quote]

Big Grin Tongue Big Grin
Pages: 1 2