www.chinaphonearena.com

Full Version: Removing EDGE/3G/H+ Icon
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello - Anyone have a solution to remove the EDGE/3G/H+ Icon next to the Bar Signal on these China Sourced phones? - on the likes of well known brands as Samsung , Huawei, Sony etc when you have wifi connection established the Mobile data Icon extinguishes and then when you turn off wifi and the phone is on Mobile data then the E/3g/H+ signal shows. But on these China phones (well 2 now I have had, different makes) the E/3G/H+ sign always shows next to the signal bars, even if I have turned 'Mobile Data' to off and are on wifi. The Android version is 5.1

The Phone I have is an UMI ROME X and a previous one i had was a Doogee - both these phones act the same, the E/3G/H+ always seem to show the letter next to the signal bars - my other Phone an Huawei GX8 doesnt show the symbol when I am on wifi or have the Mobile Data off. - why do these china phones work this way?

Thanks for any advice.

[Image: 13658947_10209441243201854_5553602291568...e=58375633][attachment=2958]
Some are like that. Not all.

If you don't see something in network settings, you might be able to get rid of it with Xposed if you're rooted...