www.chinaphonearena.com

Full Version: Big MIUI v5 MTK6589 15 phone release
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
They are not the same phone. HTM a9500 actually isn't an MTK phone at all - it's Spreadtrum chipset.

You still can use xPosed and GravityBox if you have Android 4.2. It's unlikely you'll have a problem, but if you do, you'll need the backup.

So it's your choice whether to give it a go or not without a backup. To make the backup requires an entirely different method because MTK Droid Tools aren't compatible with Spreadtrum phones.

To restore the backup if you need it, you'll need CWM custom recovery to restore.
(2013-12-11, 16:13)Gizbeat Wrote: [ -> ]They are not the same phone. HTM a9500 actually isn't an MTK phone at all - it's Spreadtrum chipset.

You still can use xPosed and GravityBox if you have Android 4.2. It's unlikely you'll have a problem, but if you do, you'll need the backup.

So it's your choice whether to give it a go or not without a backup. To make the backup requires an entirely different method because MTK Droid Tools aren't compatible with Spreadtrum phones.

To restore the backup if you need it, you'll need CWM custom recovery to restore.

Huh I didnt know that, I've tried to backup my phone but nothing seems to work... it always come up with an error or just restart. Sad Any suggestion?
You have a Spreadtrum phone, not MTK. Backup is an entirely different procedure. There are no auto-backup tools like MTK Droid Tools for Spreadtrum.
(2013-12-12, 02:05)Gizbeat Wrote: [ -> ]You have a Spreadtrum phone, not MTK. Backup is an entirely different procedure. There are no auto-backup tools like MTK Droid Tools for Spreadtrum.

Puppy Eyes Oh my, I'm willing to learn if you will teach me Big Grin
Hi this MIUI is for S820 8GB ROW version ???
I got my s820 not charging nor connecting to PC after flashing to MIUI ROM.
Previously i have VIBE UI 1.5 as my ROM.
Then I downloaded MIUI_S820_4.3.21_757d0a5a1f_4.2.zip and flashed it via TWRP. The flashing process was successful. But when i try to connect to PC, it won't connecting anymore. When the battery getting low, i put my chrger on, and it won't charging as well.
I try to change my ROM back to my previous ROM nor trying to change to LEWA but still no luck.
Last night i try to flash STOCK_CN ROM. At first, yes it's not connected even after i take off the battery. It still won't connect.
I try to put my battery on and then let the SP_Flashtool finish the purple progress bar on PC. Then, while holding down "power" & "volume +" button, i connected it to USB port. At the middle of The flashing process i let go off my hand from the button and the flashing process still continue.
Yeah the STOCK_CN ROM installed successfully, but still no luck.. it still not charging nor connecting to PC even after switch back to STOCK_CN ROM.
Please help.
Thanks
If I have the N828, but with the MTK6582 instead of the MTK6589, can I install it ??
(2014-07-29, 00:19)kudo93 Wrote: [ -> ]If I have the N828, but with the MTK6582 instead of the MTK6589, can I install it ??

I wouldn't, unless you really know what you're doing and able to restore bricked phones in case there's some problem.

This ROM set is very old as well. From September last year.
(2014-07-29, 02:21)cookiedough Wrote: [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]

But it doesn't matter the age of the rom, if it's not compatible because they port it for the MTK6589 and not for my version, I think.. ?
lol, i like MIUI v5 on my new Xiaomi Redmi 1s....
Big Grin
Pages: 1 2