www.chinaphonearena.com

Full Version: Need help rooting my LG K8 (lg-k350n)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Dear chinaphonearena community,

I've stumbled upon a lot of threads about how to root MediaTek phones, but I still do not have any working solution how to root my LG K8 (LG-K350n).

Specs:
I own a LG K8 (bought from Saturn in Germany) which features:

• MTK MT-6735 64-Bit Quad-core processor
• 1,5GB RAM
• Android Marshmallow 6.0
• Kernel Version 3.18.19+
• Software Version V10a-EUR-XX

I looked up on XDA-Developers and on this site how to root my phone, but I can't really seem to have a way how to root my phone. I can't use MTK-Tools since it doesn't support the new 64-Bit processors and I can't seem to find any scatter file for my phone on the web. I am also scared to use any other scatter file from other phones with the same chipset because I don't know how to use them properly, thus having a risk of bricking my phone. Furthermore Android Marshmallow makes my like harder because most of the guides are designed for KitKat or Lollipop.

I looked into my phone via ADB and realized there wasn't even a partition for recovery... Is that normal? And as soon as I want to enter recovery mode the opened up android with the triangle shows up and I can't do anything.

Is there even a solution on how to root MT6735 devices or does anyone have the same phone as me and a scatter file to it?