www.chinaphonearena.com

Full Version: Kingzone S2 root ?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
hey
yeah i got your pm, thanks for the back up Big Grin
i managed to restore it BUT it shows that i have 1gb ram now but thats not true when i check it with pc.
i use wondershare mobilego pc suite and it shows that i have 459 mb ram. can u check it out please?
see if thats true with your phone?

thanks woody Smiling
(2016-11-07, 22:23)HardcoreHenry Wrote: [ -> ]hey
yeah i got your pm, thanks for the back up Big Grin
i managed to restore it BUT it shows that i have 1gb ram now but thats not true when i check it with pc.
i use wondershare mobilego pc suite and it shows that i have 459 mb ram. can u check it out please?
see if thats true with your phone?

thanks woody Smiling

I've got 1GB ram, but on this phone I never changed rom, so it's stock from the beginning.

[Image: Screenshot_20161107_152617.png]
yeah, i understand but now please check these 2 pictures as they both are taken today 5 min ago.
screenshot from phone shows 0.99 gb ram but screenshot from pc shows 459 mb ram.
(2016-11-07, 22:46)HardcoreHenry Wrote: [ -> ]yeah, i understand but now please check these 2 pictures as they both are taken today 5 min ago.
screenshot from phone shows 0.99 gb ram but screenshot from pc shows 459 mb ram.

I installed the demo version of wondershare mobilego, and I get the same result, maybe it's a bug.
Using CPU-Z on phone I get 1024 ram
i used cpu-z too.it shows 1024 mb ram also. but on my other phone huawei it shows 20148 mb ram as it should be.so im not sure if its a bug, i think this kingzone s2 does have 459 mb ram.lol.
(2016-11-07, 23:05)HardcoreHenry Wrote: [ -> ]i used cpu-z too.it shows 1024 mb ram also. but on my other phone huawei it shows 20148 mb ram as it should be.so im not sure if its a bug, i think this kingzone s2 does have 459 mb ram.lol.

I think you're right, try an app called Ram Truth.
It says it has 512MB ram

I'm very upset!
ah damn.yeah checked ram with it.it says 512 mb ram. :/ well guess im gonna use it for calls, messages etc only. no gaming or anything on it.lmao Big Grin
(2016-11-07, 23:17)HardcoreHenry Wrote: [ -> ]ah damn.yeah checked ram with it.it says 512 mb ram. :/ well guess im gonna use it for calls, messages etc only. no gaming or anything on it.lmao Big Grin

so now I think i will install the panco ram, since seemed to me better than the original one.
Have you got the possibility to create a rom package that can be installed back from my rom?
Or can I just use TWRP to restore it? Is it simple?

Thanks
reboot into recovery.click backup option.tick every option available there and then click start. let it finish. then reboot.and make sure the back up is on external sd card or on pc..and then flash panco rom.thats all.
@HardcoreHenry and @woody4165,

Nice to see you rooting the S2. Came across your thread here as I was looking for a way to root mine.

To be honest, I am new to android and rooting in particular. As I do have skills and knowledge of linux, I was confident on following your quite easy guidance.

As you might know, whenever you try to do something, live keeps on intervening and you get left with a pile of crap - as happened to me. I was trying to get a full backup of the original firmware but did not succeed. So I went on and tried to install SuperSU and the phone crashed literately (on the floor). Bootloader was missing, so I flashed the panco one.

Now, could any of you send me the original firmware?

Thanks

BTW, my S2 also got delivered with only 460MB of RAM.
Pages: 1 2 3 4