www.chinaphonearena.com

Full Version: Alternative to DooGee F7 Pro?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
(2016-08-05, 20:40)ItHurtz Wrote: [ -> ]Same as they lied about P8000 American, they're probably lying about P9000 American too. That's what elephone does best, bullshit people.

They've been bullshitting abut CM on their phones for years now and there's just no such thing. All you'll find are "leaked videos" and skinned ROM.

The Elephone P9000 might be a good phone, but don't drink the poopoo koolaid about American version and CM.

#ItHurtz

Do your research mate, before blindly posting. Check out the P9000 ROMs section of the XDA Developers website.
(2016-08-05, 21:07)McT Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-08-05, 20:40)ItHurtz Wrote: [ -> ]Same as they lied about P8000 American, they're probably lying about P9000 American too. That's what elephone does best, bullshit people.

They've been bullshitting abut CM on their phones for years now and there's just no such thing. All you'll find are "leaked videos" and skinned ROM.

The Elephone P9000 might be a good phone, but don't drink the poopoo koolaid about American version and CM.

#ItHurtz

Do your research mate, before blindly posting. Check out the P9000 ROMs section of the XDA Developers website.

EDIT: I stand corrected. There is apparently a CM13 for P9000.

As to blindly posting, you're right, I should have checked first... Unfortunately Elephone has a long history of flat out lying... So, when seeing stuff like this, knee jerk reaction is to call bullshit. You're right though, I should have researched before putting my foot in my mouth.

As to American P9000, that will be interesting see. I'd put big dough on not, if it happens though it will be a nicemove forward for China phones.
#ItHurtz

Whilst Elephone has been economical with the truth in the past, I don't think they are any worse than any other Chinese phone company. I suspect it's just the Chinese way of doing business. Anyway, do you want to spent £600-£700 on an iPhone or a Galaxy, or £200 on a top spec Chinese phone? (Not necessarily an Elephone.) I'd rather take a chance on the Chinese one. Also, dual SIM is a necessity for me and they are thin on the ground in the UK.

Elephone does seem to be committed to the P9000 (despite releasing it several months late): they have released several OTA updates and this month they released the kernel source code. You may be right about the US version never materialising, but if the OP isn't in too much of a hurry, I would suggest waiting for a month or so to see if it does.
(2016-08-05, 22:38)McT Wrote: [ -> ]#ItHurtz

Whilst Elephone has been economical with the truth in the past, I don't think they are any worse than any other Chinese phone company. I suspect it's just the Chinese way of doing business. Anyway, do you want to spent £600-£700 on an iPhone or a Galaxy, or £200 on a top spec Chinese phone? (Not necessarily an Elephone.) I'd rather take a chance on the Chinese one. Also, dual SIM is a necessity for me and they are thin on the ground in the UK.

Elephone does seem to be committed to the P9000 (despite releasing it several months late): they have released several OTA updates and this month they released the kernel source code. You may be right about the US version never materialising, but if the OP isn't in too much of a hurry, I would suggest waiting for a month or so to see if it does.
They have been much worse than the majority of China brands. Outright lying is rare with most China brands, but Elephone has made it a habit.

Though it's possible they've gotten better... Let's hope. I can say all the way up to P8000 they've often put out outright lies and many junky phones.

This is a China phone forum, of course I agree with you regarding buying China phones over flagship main brand.

If there's an American P9000 coming out, then they've maybe turned a corner. Let's hope you're right with your optimism. If one company does it, and is successful, others will be obliged to follow.
(2016-08-05, 20:40)ItHurtz Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-08-05, 20:28)McT Wrote: [ -> ]Wait for the US version of the Elephone P9000, which will have FDD-LTE bands 1/2/4/7/17 and should be released soon - see here:

http://www.elephone.hk/elephone-p9000-sp...Parameters

The European version has been available for some time and has had excellent reviews. It can be easily rooted and there are alternative ROMs available including CM13.
Same as they lied about P8000 American, they're probably lying about P9000 American too. That's what elephone does best, bullshit people.

Hello,

If it can run CM and works in the USA I will buy P9000b as my new phone.

Otherwise, no, but crossing my fingers.

Thanks for the info!! Big Grin
Hello,

Hopefully the US version will happen, they could stand to make a lot of money if they provided CM on it too. Also they could save a lot of money. Maybe I should just get into the market of making awesome phones... haha.

I wish it was that way it's the best and closest to what I want in a phone. Especially because of CM.
Pages: 1 2