www.chinaphonearena.com

Full Version: LG optimus G pro F240 (from china)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Not sure if you guys can help here..i got this phone from china but have had issues with network signal eg no sim installed, emergency calls only..did some digging on net and found its a common problem with the phone from china... now question if i used a custom rom would this sort this problem out? mt phone now wont pick any sim up i did to start with but the signal was hit n miss...tryed reset etc but that makes no difference..not sure what else to do...if i can use a custom rom which is the best to use please..thanks x
A custom ROM is highly unlikely to fix networking issues. MTK custom ROM usually use the same radios and kernels.

1. What have you tried so far
2. Where do you live
3. What's your carrier
4. Is it a clone, or genuine
okies tryed factory reset, hidden menu tryed all network settings, tryed setting network to global roaming.., ...tryed different sims cards all working in other phones..still says no sim installed/emergency call only on the LG... this signal was working then got intermitent now stopped all together... i am uk using main sim giffgaff thinks it original...not a clone..
Do you have a link to the product?

Even if it's a clone and lacking 900mhz GSM and 900mhz WCDMA, it should still be connecting on 2100mhz WCDMA. That is, unless it's 2g only phone and doesn't have 900mhz GSM.

Have you tried GSM only, WCDMA only modes yet? Also turn off VoLTE option if you see it in settings.
[Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

tryed all the network settings...one by one and still says no sim/emergency calls only
where would i find the VoLTE ? please?
Well VoLTE shouldn't matter if you tried GSM only and WCDMA only, because VoLTE would only be applied to LTE. Maybe this phone doesn't have it anyways, but if it does you should see it tickable in SIM network settings.

Are you absolutely sure the SIM is in correct? I know I've laid SIM in the wrong way before.

Did everything look brand new when you received it? Sealed box and such?
(2016-08-03, 20:33)MegaManX Wrote: [ -> ]Well VoLTE shouldn't matter if you tried GSM only and WCDMA only, because VoLTE would only be applied to LTE. Maybe this phone doesn't have it anyways, but if it does you should see it tickable in SIM network settings.

Are you absolutely sure the SIM is in correct? I know I've laid SIM in the wrong way before.

Did everything look brand new when you received it? Sealed box and such?

yup sim is in correct i double/triple checked that lol...yes was in sealed box, ..dont know what else to try...seller said will send a replacement but i have to return at my own expense and they wont send untill its been returned..i know it wasnt mega bucks but i really dont want to be out of pocket..if i can sort this i'd rather do that...