www.chinaphonearena.com

Full Version: What tool to use to root mt6753 chipset phone (verified works 100%)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
What can i use or what process that is already verified to root mtk 6753 chipset marshmallow phones.Thank you in advanced and can someone link me mt6753 preloader drivers
There is no tool to root MTK Marshmallow (or Lollipop 5.1). You need to flash TWRP or CWM and install root from there.
(2016-08-18, 23:54)Bacon_Puffs Wrote: [ -> ]There is no tool to root MTK Marshmallow (or Lollipop 5.1). You need to flash TWRP or CWM and install root from there.

kingroot wont work? and if what your saying is correct than how can i install cwm or twrp in a mt6753 chipset phone without root? will you be kind enuf to detail me the process please? thank you and your help is appreciated Smiling .
kingroot wont work? and if what your saying is correct than how can i install cwm or twrp in a mt6753 chipset phone without root? will you be kind enuf to detail me the process please? thank you and your help is appreciated Smiling .
[/quote]

Yes KingRoot., KingoRoot, iRoot will work on Lollipop ROM 5.XX. I cant say for Marshmallow because havent tried/own MM). Since you know why do you ask? It normally will root any MTK SoC.
In my experience iRoot etc only works on 5.0 or lower. Have never seen it work on 5.1 or higher, though you're welcome to try. It's unlikely to hurt anything.
(2016-08-26, 15:43)Bacon_Puffs Wrote: [ -> ]In my experience it only works on 5.0 or lower. Have never seen it work on 5.1 or higher, though you're welcome to try.

The latest version of kingroot roots my Gionee s plus (Mt6753) straight up on Lollipop 5.1.... However it cannot root marshmallow Sad