www.chinaphonearena.com

Full Version: Koobee Halo 7 mod stock for Pepsi P1S
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42
(2016-08-30, 18:41)Fakarudin Wrote: [ -> ]cleopatra,

Thank you very much for your effort on the koobee halo 7 firmware v2.16. i have dowloaded it and it runs smooth on my pepsi p1s. luckily i was able to find my IMEI number on my back up data previously. and was able to use it using MTK engineer mode downloaded from google store. up until now, i was able to make some tweak including changing the wallpaper of the lockscreen with what ever PNG photo i want.

while i was in the MTK engineering mode, i found many tools related to connectivity, radio signal and more. then i have couriousity of your work trying to port other firmware but has issue on the 1 BIG BUG u said, now my question is:

Can the Sim Card being recognize after porting, using the MTK Engineering mode?
have you explore it?

as i am noob in android, but have basic understanding on how windows works and hardware, i afraid i cant do much.. besides, now im really loved your koobee H7 modded ROM. TQ again cleopatra.
Can you teach me how to change lockscreen wallpaper?
(2016-08-31, 10:10)vuche69 Wrote: [ -> ]@tom.1 I guess you tried other block names to see if you can mount the internal microSD?

Good idea anyway, thanks for that, at least we can easily backup and restore with a dedicated usb stick now!

@shilorancher It's a little tricky especially with win10 and unsigned drivers like we have here. If you already installed the drivers through the mentionned procedure, your phone should appear under the device manager, but probably with a question mark on it. You should update it's driver manually, choosing the folder you want to upgrade it from. You should end up in the last window before updating the driver showing you multiple drivers option ( "mtp" plus numbers, etc.). From there just use the simplest one, I think it's called "mtp device", the hit upgrade button. Now your phone memories schould show up under my computer. I'm still mainly using Win8.1, so not sure with Win10. But you'll have to use this procedure each time you connect your phone for file copy, don't ask me why. Hope it helped.
Thank you very much for your answer, @cleopatra. While I was reading about f****y win10 and while I couldn't find the right way, I remembered my linux mint 17.3. Why I didn't before? I don't know. There is no drivers-problem and paste© without any problems. The problem was solved at once.
But nevertheless you are really great!!
Awesome job Cleopatra, thank you! It worked flawlessly for me. I was very worried when Malwarebytes detected 7 things on the stock rom. I did a scan of your rom and 3 things were detected still. I was able to delete them using FX though.
@shilorancher :

You are right, Linux OS is better than Windows OS.
My default OS is Ubuntu Trusty Tahr LTS.
It is because Trusty Tahr support the ATI Radeon drivers,
instead the latest versions of Ubuntu do not support proprietary drivers,
and they use open source drivers.
UNFORTUNATELY many people use Windows OS, then I have to suggest them Windows solutions.

Wink
I am very happy. My pepsi P1S is running now.
Is it able to use the german language as the system-language? And if it is able, what must I do to get german language into my mobile?
(2016-09-01, 05:19)shilorancher Wrote: [ -> ]I am very happy. My pepsi P1S is running now.
Is it able to use the german language as the system-language? And if it is able, what must I do to get german language into my mobile?
Settings -->Language and input-->Language-->Deutsch (Deutschland)
Hello I new on this forum and I am from Croatia.
Can someone explain, can I use two sim card and sd at same time.
Thx.
(2016-09-01, 16:41)njezni Wrote: [ -> ]Hello I new on this forum and I am from Croatia.
Can someone explain, can I use two sim card and sd at same time.
Thx.

@njezni :

You can not use 2 sim cards and microSD at the same time.
The slot for nano sim is also for microSD.

BUT THERE IS AN ALTERNATIVE SOLUTION to use 2 sim cards and microSD at the same time :

You can buy a Multi-in-1 Micro SD Card Reader Adapter with OTG
Please look at the next pics/screenshots :

[Image: 2z4em29.jpg] [Image: jaf3bp.jpg]
[Image: 2uf68fa.jpg] [Image: iwrqe1.jpg] [Image: 2bxmqv.jpg] [Image: 20semoo.jpg]

Wink
So I rooted and flashed my first android phone last night thanks to Cleopatra! Awesome work, thank you!

Everything seems to be working fine except I am still getting mystery SMS messages trying to be sent. They all fail but I'd like stop happening as it seems a bit dodgy! Any ideas?

Thanks.
(2016-09-01, 20:51)Teeohbee Wrote: [ -> ]So I rooted and flashed my first android phone last night thanks to Cleopatra! Awesome work, thank you!

Everything seems to be working fine except I am still getting mystery SMS messages trying to be sent. They all fail but I'd like stop happening as it seems a bit dodgy! Any ideas?

Thanks.

Look for a Prizegen app, erase it and problem solved.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42