www.chinaphonearena.com

Full Version: Koobee Halo 7 mod stock for Pepsi P1S
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42
[/quote]
Hi Helipilot !

Above all, go to the next link and download the stock rom "Koobee P1S" (official) :

[Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]

Then, download the next version of SP Flash Tool :

Then, flash the stock rom with SP Flash Tool.

Regards
[/quote]

Hi Cleopatra,

Thank you for your help, the flash worked well. I also tried the modified version for the P1S but it seems to be problematic here in Australia as it is not fully compatible with our mobile phone network and I have no service in some areas.

Also, I couldn't find the Google Play Store amongst the apps.

I am not happy with the phone and I think it is irresponsible that companies like Banggood sells them without telling customers of the potential issues. I am not very impressed with them and I decided to no longer shop at their online store after this experience.

This phone will be used for my drone flying only, using the DJI app. The screen size is perfect for what I want. Hopefully it will at least handle that without looping or crashing.

Thanks again Smiling
Hi Helipilot !

Above all, go to the next link and download the stock rom "Koobee P1S" (official) :

Then, download the next version of SP Flash Tool :

Then, flash the stock rom with SP Flash Tool.

Regards
[/quote]

Hi Cleopatra,

Thank you for your help, the flash worked well. I also tried the modified version for the P1S but it seems to be problematic here in Australia as it is not fully compatible with our mobile phone network and I have no service in some areas.

Also, I couldn't find the Google Play Store amongst the apps.

I am not happy with the phone and I think it is irresponsible that companies like Banggood sells them without telling customers of the potential issues. I am not very impressed with them and I decided to no longer shop at their online store after this experience.

This phone will be used for my drone flying only, using the DJI app. The screen size is perfect for what I want. Hopefully it will at least handle that without looping or crashing.

Thanks again Smiling
[/quote]

For Google Play Store, try the next steps :

1) Download "open_gapps-arm-5.1-micro-20160817.zip" :

2) Download "Huber7052_TWRP.rar" :

3) Flash Huber7052's recovery.img with SP Flash Tool.
4) Copy & paste open gapps arm 5.1 micro zip into Phone storage.
5) Reboot into TWRP recovery.
6) Tap on Install, select open gapps zip and Swipe.
7) DO NOT INSTALL SuperSU and DO NOT WIPE CACHE/DALVIK.
8) Reboot the phone in normal mode.

Wink
Hi,
Last night I install Cleopatra rom and it is great.
I can't find in settings tap to wake option. Is it integrated?

Sent from my H7 using Tapatalk

(2016-09-04, 19:59)njezni Wrote: [ -> ]Hi,
Last night I install Cleopatra rom and it is great.
I can't find in settings tap to wake option. Is it integrated?

Hi, found it.
Thanks

Cleopatra,

Just a quick word from the Netherlands: thank you for all your work. Great rom.
Usually there is a donation button somewhere to make thanking a rom developer somewhat more substantial....... but I can't seem to find it here.
Is there a way to donate through paypal?
(2016-09-02, 05:03)Cleopatra Wrote: [ -> ]@tom.1 :
I have tried to modify the strings on recovery.fstab
I have tried to modify the strings on fstab.mt6592
But no luck. Actually there is no way to solve microSD issue.
The OTG could be a possible solution.
But I think it would be better to solve microSD slot issue.
The problem seems not to be bad referencing in the fstab files but the SD-Card's block device (probably mmcbkl1) not being created upon insert.
If you do an 'ls /dev/block' before and after you inserted an SD-Card you'll see that nothing changes. That is the basic problem.

On the desktop PC I would check now whether the card reader is properly connected and detected by the OS. I would use lsusb and lspci.

Unfortunately the Pepsi phone was a gift for my mother so I can't check my ideas regarding lsusb/lspci instantly. I'll have to wait until the next visit. On my own phone the lsusb/lspci idea turned out to be a dead end, because lspci returns nothing and lsusb lists the usb port only.

Maybe some kernel modules are missing. On the Desktop-PC mmc_core mmc_block sdhci and sdhci-pci are responsible for SD-Card access. sdhci is the one that I would focus on. Because the internal storage can accessed via mmcblkX mmc_block (and mmc_core) should be present. sdhci-pci seems to be unused.

In the end it seems to be either a limitation of the stock's recovery kernel or a faulty kernel-build, I'd like to ask wether you have tried to build a recovery image for this phone yourself?
I think that the recovery image used by Huber7052 was originally posted on Jul 23, 2016 at androidfilehost.com by daohoa24 (see the curtain.jpg inside the recovery image of the images Huber7052 posted first). He is active at xiaomi.eu and if your builds of a recovery image failed I could ask what his secret sauce was.
(2016-09-04, 23:25)finch666 Wrote: [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]

There is a donation link there. Cleopatra would be hugely appreciative of any donation.
(2016-09-05, 00:49)cookiedough Wrote: [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]

There is a donation link there. Cleopatra would be hugely appreciative of any donation.
Found it. Thank you!
Cleopatra thanks.
Now the phone become a phone.
Great work
@tom.1 :

Finally someone who knows Linux Smiling
You have written :
"If you do an 'ls /dev/block' before and after you inserted an SD-Card you'll see that nothing changes".
You wrong ... dear tom.1
Please see the next screenshots :

1) Before to insert microSD card :

[Image: 2lvk1np.jpg]

2) After inserted microSD card :

[Image: 8wh5bk.jpg]

About lsub command, my pc show the Mediatek Inc. without any issue.
Please see the next screenshot :

[Image: 2gujw3t.jpg]

Do you have add the following strings to the "51-android.rules" ?

#MediaTek

SUBSYSTEM=="usb", ATTR{idVendor}=="0e8d", MODE="0666"

Though I suggest you to add the complete USB Vendor IDs list at the next link :

However, thank you so much to try to help me.
I am confident in success ... sooner or later Wink
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42