www.chinaphonearena.com

Full Version: Koobee Halo 7 mod stock for Pepsi P1S
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42
"@Cleopatra"
Obviously my post was partly misleading.
Quote:On the desktop PC I would check now whether the card reader is properly connected and detected by the OS. I would use lsusb and lspci.
By that I meant that if it was a Desktop PC related problem, then I would type 'lsusb' there. Since it is an Android problem I did this check on my phone's terminal. And there (on the phone) only the USB port was listed. I think, that the SOC design doesn't require the phone's card reader to be connected to USB. I hope that made my idea more clear - although it led to nothing.

Did you check the creation ob the block devices in the phone's normal operation mode or in recovery mode? I didn't connect the phone to my desktop PC because on Windows 10 the MTP drivers got seriously destroyed so the phone was not recognized any more. I did the 'ls /dev/block' in recovery mode (TWRP) on the phone's terminal. It's provided by TWRP.
(2016-09-05, 06:34)tom.1 Wrote: [ -> ]"@Cleopatra"
Obviously my post was partly misleading.
Quote:On the desktop PC I would check now whether the card reader is properly connected and detected by the OS. I would use lsusb and lspci.
By that I meant that if it was a Desktop PC related problem, then I would type 'lsusb' there. Since it is an Android problem I did this check on my phone's terminal. And there (on the phone) only the USB port was listed. I think, that the SOC design doesn't require the phone's card reader to be connected to USB. I hope that made my idea more clear - although it led to nothing.

Did you check the creation ob the block devices in the phone's normal operation mode or in recovery mode? I didn't connect the phone to my desktop PC because on Windows 10 the MTP drivers got seriously destroyed so the phone was not recognized any more. I did the 'ls /dev/block' in recovery mode (TWRP) on the phone's terminal. It's provided by TWRP.
I check the blocks in normal operation mode.
All Windows OS are a real tragedy for Android LOL Big Grin
(2016-09-05, 06:44)Cleopatra Wrote: [ -> ]I check the blocks in normal operation mode.
Your results are no surprise then Wink - in normal mode the microSD card works.

My laptop is new since 2 months and I've left some space for linux, but hadn't the time to install it. Maybe this time is now ...

Regarding the microSD problem I found that the kernels of the stock recovery and daohoa24's recovery are identical. I did this check with Windows' 'fc /b file1 file2' command. Hope this is as accurate as a diff. That fact leads me to think that the microSD functionality might have been left out intentionally. I have no deeper insight in the structure of Android and it's operation modes and assume that recovery and normal mode have dedicated kernels. The manufacturer's updates normally don't need access to the microSD card. Maybe they've left it out to save space or whatever reason they had Undecided
(2016-09-05, 07:01)tom.1 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-09-05, 06:44)Cleopatra Wrote: [ -> ]I check the blocks in normal operation mode.
Your results are no surprise then Wink - in normal mode the microSD card works.

My laptop is new since 2 months and I've left some space for linux, but hadn't the time to install it. Maybe this time is now ...

Regarding the microSD problem I found that the kernels of the stock recovery and daohoa24's recovery are identical. I did this check with Windows' 'fc /b file1 file2' command. Hope this is as accurate as a diff. That fact leads me to think that the microSD functionality might have been left out intentionally. I have no deeper insight in the structure of Android and it's operation modes and assume that recovery and normal mode have dedicated kernels. The manufacturer's updates normally don't need access to the microSD card. Maybe they've left it out to save space or whatever reason they had Undecided
If your laptop has AMD/ATI,
I suggest you Ubuntu Trusty Tahr LTS.
It is because Trusty Tahr support the AMD/ATI,
instead the latest Ubuntu versions do not support proprietary drivers,
and they use open source drivers.
I recommend you to do not update Trusty Tahr (sometimes it ask you it).

Wink
Hello again! I have tested the phone running the Halo 7 port from @Cleopatra a bit more, apps running smooth, tried another launcher (Zen UI) but it reverts to Uni Launcher. I have just made the 5$ donation since I believe people dedicating their time for this should be rewarded.
The biggest issue I have now after inserting a SIM is that the IMEI is invalid and the Chamelephon app won't open. Tried uninstalling it and installing the one from the store, nothing happens. I have the sticker on the back of the phone and on the box with the IMEI, how can I reset it in the phone? I see in some tutorials 2 IMEI are needed, there is only one on the sticker though and a CMIT ID.
Could someone please explain how to reset this so I can test cellular use. I can see the networks here in Norway are recognized (2G, 3G, 4G9 but the phone cannot connect due to Invalid IMEI error.
EDIT: I have managed to set the IMEI using MTK Engineering Mode app (RTFM to me). What about IMEI 2, is this in case one wants to use the 2 SIMS? I see that now the phone connects successfully to 4G network, will test a bit more.
As I mentioned, I tested another launcher, ZEN UI which looks very nice, but a weird issue when running it, a lot of Chinese name apps are shown (see [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register] ) Are these system apps or what? They are not shown by UI Launcher in any case. has someone tested another launcher which runs more stable? Thanks!
@smithie :

Question :

1) Do you have flashed the "2.16_utility.zip" ?
2) Do you have micro SIM or nano SIM ?

Into "2.16_utility.zip" there is also "Chamelephon".
It works very well on my Pepsi.
Try to tap on SuperSU and check if "Chamelephon" is in the list.
Try to restart the phone (sometimes needs some time to think).

In conclusion, if you want my opinion ... use UNI launcher.

Regards
(2016-09-05, 15:39)smithie Wrote: [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register] ) Are these system apps or what? They are not shown by UI Launcher in any case. has someone tested another launcher which runs more stable? Thanks!

these chinese apps are Skins vor themes for uni launcher. i simply disabled them and habe no issues Smiling

(2016-09-05, 15:39)smithie Wrote: [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register] ) Are these system apps or what? They are not shown by UI Launcher in any case. has someone tested another launcher which runs more stable? Thanks!

these chinese apps are Skins vor themes for uni launcher. i simply disabled them and habe no issues Smiling
Hello, how can I add IMEI back to Pepsi phone after root and custom rom?

Sent from my H7 using Tapatalk
(2016-09-06, 19:16)njezni Wrote: [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]

Read carefully and follow carefully all the steps at the next link :

[Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]
(2016-08-22, 09:23)Cleopatra Wrote: [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]

PLEASE FOLLOW CAREFULLY THE NEXT STEPS :

1) Select the option "Format All + Download" in SP Flash Tool.

[Image: 2afgydc.jpg]

2) Tap 7 times on "Build number", enable USB debugging & OEM unlocking (Developer options).

3) Tap on "SuperSU" and tap on "new user".

4) Download "Huber7052_TWRP.rar" :

5) Download "2.16_utility.zip" :

DO NOT UNZIP IT ... it is a flashable zip by TWRP.
It contains the next useful apps :

a) CM Browser
b) DiskInfo PRO
c) FX file manager & FX Root
d) AdAway
e) Chamelephon

6) Flash Huber7052's recovery.img with SP Flash Tool (Download mode).

7) Copy "2.16_utility.zip" & paste it into Phone storage.

8) Reboot into TWRP recovery.

9) Tap on Install, select "2.16_utility.zip" and Swipe.

10) Reboot the phone.

11) tap on FX and follow the next steps :

a) tap on ACCEPT

b) swipe from right to left 7 times

c) untick START A 7-DAY TRIAL OF FX PLUS NOW and tap on the purple circle.

d) close app and open once again FX

e) tap on System (Root) and tick "I understand the risk".
It takes times before SuperSU ask you to grant access to FX.
When you will grant superuser access ... BE CAREFUL !
Now you are in the core of the system ... do not delete any folder/file !

12) Download "open_gapps-arm-5.1-micro-20160817.zip" :

13) Copy "open_gapps-arm-5.1-micro-20160817.zip" and paste it into Phone storage.

14) Reboot into TWRP recovery.

15) Tap on Install, select "open_gapps-arm-5.1-micro-20160817.zip" and Swipe.

16) Reboot the phone.

17) Select UNI launcher.

18) DO NOT INSTALL THE NEXT UPDATE :

[Image: 90oeis.jpg]

19) Enjoy.

Wink

Hi I am new to this, but may I ask on step number "8) Reboot into TWRP recovery." How to do that if you guys can guide me. thank you so much.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42