www.chinaphonearena.com

Full Version: Koobee Halo 7 mod stock for Pepsi P1S
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42
After various tentative I can confirm that doing a factory reset (from telephone "Reset" menu) resolved the Play Store issues.

I'm now able to install apps from Play Store.

I had to manually set the IMEIs after reset (so write down your IMEIs vefore doing that).

I also set the language of the phone to Italian (you can choose your language). This obviously does not change the system menu language but this way all apps (eg. whatsapp, facebook, gmail etc) are shown in your desired language.

@Gameover31 I've installed Whatsapp, and after some configuration it's running without problems. I receive all notifications. I will keep using the phone to check if there is a problem on the long run.

So here's the steps i followed after installing Halo 7 Cleopatra MOD:

- Write down your IMEIs (dial *#06* or read them from the phone box).

- Do a factory reset (Settings->Reset->Factory data reset). This will take some time. This fixed all the PlayStore problems I had.

Setting the IMEIs (credit to @Huber7052 for this part):
- Download "MTK Engineering Mode" from play store
- go to Engineer Mode ( MTK ) -> CDS information -> Radio Information
- select Phone 1
- enter AT+ EGMR=1,7,"IMEI1" (replace IMEI1 by the first IMEI number, the " will be needed)
- click the "SEND AT COMMAND" button
- go back and select Phone 2
- enter AT+ EGMR=1,10,"IMEI2" (replace IMEI2 by the second IMEI number, the " will be needed)
- reboot your phone
- verify the IMEI numbers by dial *#06#

Note that every time you'll do a factory reset, you must set the IMEIs again.

- Install and set as default you preferred launcher (Eg. Nova Launcher, or you can use the Google Now launcher provided by Cleo Google Apps Installation).
- Install a system app remover (Eg. System app remover (ROOT) from Jumobile).
- Open it and grant ROOT access.
- Uninstall all the Chinese s**t apps. There's a lot so do't be scared to erase. Here's some screen of the app that i deleted:
[Image: m2.png][Image: m3.png][Image: m4.png][Image: m5.png]
- Some other residual chinese apps are not system apps so you can delete them directly from app drawer.

It is possible to set your desired language for the phone. As already said this does not affect your phone menu language but this way your apps will be in your desired language.
To do this install app "MoreLangs" from Sightidea Studio. Open it and grant root access. Select your language from the list.

After this you can proceed to install your favorite apps (eg. whatsapp, hangouts, Google Duo, facebook.. etc.) and then you have allow notifications and background use (very similar to what we done with pepsi dido OS):

1) Go to Settings ->Startup manager and activate apps that you want to run automatically when the phone starts
2) Go to Settings ->Security -> PureBackground and activate apps that you want to use with notifications.
3) Go to Settings->Battery e make sure "Standby intelligent power saving" is ACTIVE.
4) Go to Settings->Notification Manager and enable notification on the app you want.

With this configuration I've used it for 4 hrs and made a lot of notification tests all with success. Will update if something goes wrong in the long run.

(2016-08-20, 16:15)Sisi Wrote: [ -> ]hi
i did ur instruction on original rom
1) didnt see any new installed app! like busybox .....
2) as u told i didnt install SU, but why? now i have no SU and its not rooted!
3) no widget possible. if i add widgets like weather and power toggles, the they will be black after the reboot. (tried everything like autostart management, purebackground blabla...)
4) my build number dosnt change to H7.V2.10 like you. mine is still P1S.V2.03.

absolutely nothing changes after ur instruction. !!!!

I followed Cleopatra instructions and everything works fine. Are you sure you flashed the correct version and followed all the steps? I suggest you to try again.
thxSmiling
right version? how many versions do we have?
i did it several times as he decribed!!!! on stock rom and on rom from hubbert! same problem.
1)after installation of gapps, TWRP asks to install the SU and i reject it and go directly to reboot.
sencond time tried with installing SU. it installs nothing!!!!
2) do u have same prombel with widgets? black after restart (no widgts after restart). not phone's own widgets but like weather and power toggels from playstore.
(2016-08-20, 17:04)Sisi Wrote: [ -> ]thxSmiling
right version? how many versions do we have?
i did it several times as he decribed!!!! on stock rom and on rom from hubbert! same problem.
1)after installation of gapps, TWRP asks to install the SU and i reject it and go directly to reboot.
sencond time tried with installing SU. it installs nothing!!!!
2) do u have same prombel with widgets? black after restart (no widgts after restart). not phone's own widgets but like weather and power toggels from playstore.

Have you selected "Format All + Download" in SP tools?
just flash the ROM, I will test the, so far so good, I congratulate you, are all doing great work and effort by the owners of this phone[SMILING FACE WITH HEART-SHAPED EYES][SMILING FACE WITH HEART-SHAPED EYES]

Enviado desde mi H7 mediante Tapatalk
I only have one imei on the box. I did not write it down before flashing and reset and everything because I didn't know I had to Sad anyway to get the second one back? Also, anyone else having problems with using 3G/ 4G? Mine would not go online Sad

Thanks!
Thanks for your work.
As soon as possible I'll test, because now I can't ..
boys follow these guidelines to restore IMEI, the IMEI will find them on the packaging of own mobile[Image: 1b792f9be774ba7553440826b386d853.jpg]
To restore the IMEI try the next apk :

[Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]

I have other news for you ... please be patient Wink
In my case before change this ROM, the IMEI1 and IME2 are equal...
Is possible?
if @nadivar my case is the same, no problem
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42