www.chinaphonearena.com

Full Version: Koobee Halo 7 mod stock for Pepsi P1S
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42
Good post @smithie
Now, these are my impressions:
Tested with stock rom "purified" by @Huber7052 and even with Halo 7 port of @Cleopatra, everything that follows occurs with both the Roms.
Overall, everything works pretty well, I'd settle willingly, not for two unbearable bugs.
First Bug:
UNI Launcher replaced with Google Launcher and also with Nova Launcher Prime, but remained a very big bug, insert any widget in the home, and at every restart... disappeared! With ZenUI Launcher, the problem seems solved, even if only partially.
If, for example, I try to add to the home a clock (Me Clock, Digital Clock Widget Xperia and others) apparently works, but on the next reboot it remains in perpetual "loading"...
Second Bug:
Notifications ... in particular I am referring to Whatsapp ...
I tried every possible combination of settings, Pure Background, intuitive energy saving, autostart, permissions ... anything, enabled all, only partially, disabled all... nothing... or whatsapp is open, or anything.
Apart from these two huge bugs, the rest would be fine.
At this point, i throw it there...
I feel there are some people in this thread, so people who have P1S, @Cleopatra and @Huber7052, if you put together I'm sure would you be able to obtain excellent results, both in terms of the Stock Rom and also for the port Halo 7, or perhaps (why not) with a nice port of a CM13!
If you dare you, I would suggest to ALL those who read us, to make a donation (5€... 10€...) to @Cleopatra and @ Huber7052, so that they are motivated to do, and we finally could decently use this phone.
I'm there!
Sorry for my Googlenglish!

Tamjee.
(2016-09-12, 17:00)tamjee Wrote: [ -> ]Second Bug:
Notifications ... in particular I am referring to Whatsapp ...
I tried every possible combination of settings, Pure Background, intuitive energy saving, autostart, permissions ... anything, enabled all, only partially, disabled all... nothing... or whatsapp is open, or anything.
Apart from these two huge bugs, the rest would be fine.
Actually, notifications work fine with purebackground disabled and notifications on in the notification manager, so have you tried that?
In my case, after using rom halo 7 for a week, i has returned to fail the subject of notifications in whatssap, only it has been working well one week, after that week already don't receive notifications

Enviado desde mi SM-J710F mediante Tapatalk
In another forum an user stated that this ROM

[Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]

Is compatible with Pepsi Phone, since their hardware is very similar and he managed to port dido os to cherry flare s play.

He also said the ROM is multilanguage. Any brave heart that want to port this?
Smiling
@freespirits Is flash-ready or need modifications?

(2016-09-13, 19:33)Gameover31 Wrote: [ -> ]@freespirits Is flash-ready or need modifications?

I think needs a port.

However the user I mentioned in the other forum stated that this ROM should work normally in Pepsi p1S as is an AOSP based ROM.

Flash it at your own risk though Smiling
Who dares? [SMILING FACE WITH OPEN MOUTH AND COLD SWEAT]

(2016-09-12, 15:43)smithie Wrote: [ -> ]I've had the Pepsi P1S for a while now and thought I would share my impressions with you. I have gotten it to work very well now with @Cleopatra 's Halo 7 port. I had to do the installation using a Windows 7 machine since I had issues doing it from a Mac or a Windows 10 machine. I got the phone connected to my Mac by installing Android Studio and Android File Transfer. SIM card works just fine after entering IMEI using MTK engineering and my 64 GB SD card works as well.
I have tested several launchers Google Now/ Nova/ZenUI Launcher and all worked pretty well. I stayed with ZenUI launcher since it looks very nice, is very customizable and works well.
As for apps, I have changed the SMS/Messages app to the Google Messaging app (tested SMS/MMS and all works well). Changed Phone app for the ZenUI Dialer & Contacts (part of the Asus ZenUI family), works very well and looks nice as well, all customizable.
As for cleaning malware, bloatware I did the following. Installed Malwarebytes, ran it and applied the suggested changes, then tested CM Security and Stubborn Trojan Hunter. This one found a HTML Viewer "Trojan" and removed it after a few tries. CM Security solved a few other issues. I have tested app internet traffic using the Packet Capture app from the Play Store and found that the PrizeGene app in the system/app folder was sending out packets pretty often, so I removed it using FX/System(root) read&write mount. This seems to have improved battery life as well.
As for UNILauncher, I saw some traffic from it, but it's just to check for update so no need to remove it.
Some other stuff can be removed this way as well, like the Chinese UNILauncher theme apps or the 2 audio files from media/music. The default Music app is crap and shows interface in chinese if you swith locale (see below), so feel free to set either the Android app Music as default or some other player (VLC works just great with both music and video files).
As for multilanguage, I installed MoreLangs app from PlayStore which allows to use other locales (tested with es_es and nb_no), even if it doesn't actually add multilanguage support to the phone's system apps, but it forces locales for the apps installed from PlayStore, so it's pretty OK. Installed Google Keyboard and Swift for keyboard, but that's up to everyone's preference.
Apps in background seem to work fine setting them up in PureBackground, I tested with Telegram and notifications arrive when phone is in standby. Standby time is great, I've had the phone idle during the whole week-end and still had 50% battery today. I suspect battery percentage is not ´very precise, since it does drop fast from 100% when using it but it seems to stabilize after a while so it should have enough juice for a whole day of normal use. I have been testing the CM Clean Master and the Greenify aps to optimize app usage.
@Cleopatra I seem to have issues removing the apps installed using your package (Chamelephon, CM Browser), any tips there? It was difficult getting Chamelephon to work and now that the IMEIs are set, I would like to remove it.
Anyway, I will be testing it for a couple more weeks, I have another phone waiting to be set up as a present for my girlfriend and I want it to be as stable as possible Smiling
Thank you all for your efforts and looking forward to more good news.
[Image: screenxpx.png]

Is 4G working for you in Sweden?
@finch666
Already tried also with this configuration... nothing...
I've never been able to make them work with both roms.

Hi to all!
I see that my proposal has not attracted much interest...
We want a stable and fully working rom... but no one does anything concrete for this to happen.
I think @Cleopatra and @Huber7052 they did a very good job, however, I personally have absolutely no expertise in porting or more ... so the only way to make my contribution is through a donation, at the same time I think that we can not "claim" someone to do the job for us.
So... I reiterate my willingness to contribute in this way, if there is someone else who thinks like me well, otherwise sell my P1S and stop.
@Cleopatra @ Huber7052 what do you think?
Would you be available to complete the job?

Tamjee

Hi to all!
I see that my proposal has not attracted much interest...
We want a stable and fully working rom... but no one does anything concrete for this to happen.
I think @Cleopatra and @Huber7052 they did a very good job, however, I personally have absolutely no expertise in porting or more ... so the only way to make my contribution is through a donation, at the same time I think that we can not "claim" someone to do the job for us.
So... I reiterate my willingness to contribute in this way, if there is someone else who thinks like me well, otherwise sell my P1S and stop.
@Cleopatra @ Huber7052 what do you think?
Would you be available to complete the job?

Tamjee
I have problem that it won't switch from wifi to 4G automaticaly. It works well when switching from wifi to 3G. Any other have this probkem

Sent from my H7 using Tapatalk
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42