www.chinaphonearena.com

Full Version: Can you help me to pick a smartphone around $100?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all, my iPhone 4S is really old and I am getting sick of the small screen of it. So I want to try an Android smartphone with big display this time. The display size should be at least 5.5-inch (6.0-inch will be cool). And the price of it should be around $100, not over $120.

In my daily life, I use the phone to watch movie a lot, that's why I need the screen to be a big one. Besides, I want it has a durable battery life, strong WiFi signal and not overheated.

Do you have any good recommendation of it? Welcome to leave your comment and I will be appreciated for it.
What service do you use? This is important so we can get the frequencies right.
In America you will be limited to H+, which should be good enough for most. Can you live without LTE?
(2016-09-07, 17:37)Bacon_Puffs Wrote: [ -> ]In America you will be limited to H+, which should be good enough for most. Can you live without LTE?

Yes, I live in America, I can live without 4G network, but if I can use the 4G, it is better.

(2016-09-07, 05:44)edcoolio Wrote: [ -> ]What service do you use? This is important so we can get the frequencies right.

I am in America, I can use the AT&T and others.
(2016-09-13, 13:16)pdw123 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-09-07, 17:37)Bacon_Puffs Wrote: [ -> ]In America you will be limited to H+, which should be good enough for most. Can you live without LTE?

Yes, I live in America, I can live without 4G network, but if I can use the 4G, it is better.

(2016-09-07, 05:44)edcoolio Wrote: [ -> ]What service do you use? This is important so we can get the frequencies right.

I am in America, I can use the AT&T and others.

Well, there is no doubt that your price range reduces choices, but there are still some great devices out there.

I'm thinking that the $120 is a hard cap on price for a 5.5" screen with 16GB, so that knocks off a fair number of devices. The other catch is frequency support. I bought a phone (and still use around the house) a nice device but only with 850mhz wcdma/3g. This was a mistake. ATT dropped their 2G support like the secret service dropped Hillary. So, both 850 and 1900 Mhz are a must by the end of the year, for your own sake, if you intend to keep using ATT towers.

Currently, in your price range, I would put at the top of the list the Ulefone Be Pro 2

I'm only posting this one quickly because Banggood has the BEST deal I've seen for this device and there are only 3 of them left, according to the website.

For $116, with free shipping, you get:

64Bit MTK MT6735 processor
16GB ROM
2GB RAM (!!)
Supports 850 and 1900Mhz WCDMA for the USA ATT towers
Takes TF expansion cards (128GB should work, 64GB for sure)
5.5" screen (1280x720 - which is as good as it gets for the price range and will save you battery)
GPS, OTG, GPS, bluetooth.

The major weakness' of this device would be the 8MP ov camera (13 int., but still should be more than enough for simple social sharing) and the 2600Mah battery. With the SOC plus the 1280x720 screen, you should be OK with the battery. That being said, I would still buy a spare, slightly upgraded battery. They are cheap on Aliexpress, and the Be Pro battery is 100% compatible with the Be Pro 2, is 3000Mah, and under $7.

I'll keep looking and will post here if I find anything, but since they are almost sold out at this price point, I figured I would throw this out there for you as this device fulfills each of your requirements.