www.chinaphonearena.com

Full Version: HELP! Need to re-install removed odex files.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I accidentally removed some odex files on my MTK6577 high quality 1:1 Air gesture S4. Now I can't get the phone to boot(stop at boot logo). I have made a user-data backup on my ext sd card, but can't get into the ext sd card in factory recovery mode. Is there any way to restore my user-data/ original rom? Your input is highly appreciate, thanks.
You made the backup how? Did you backup only user data, or the whole system?
I back up the user data using factory recovery before I deleted some odex file in sys/app directory. But the user data is in my ext sd card.
Never mind, I have managed to flash the original rom using SP_flash tool. If anyone have similar problem or you brick your S4 MTK6577. PM me and I try to help you how to flash with this tool.
Okay, good you figured it out. How about a direct link to the firmware you used and your phone model, so that future owners can use the firmware if they need it.
The instructions of the zip files is in Chinese, I will try to re-write it in English and re-pack it and upload it soon.
Don't worry too much about that. All SP flash ROMs are more or less the same. Just a link to the firmware is fine.
Here is the link for the tool and firmware : [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]
Please take note that for some reason you cannot use any SP_Flash tool to flash the firmware. Use the SP_Flash tool included in the zip files and you will be fine.