www.chinaphonearena.com

Full Version: Phone Accessories
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Accessory discussion. What do you have? What do you find to be the most helpful?

For me, in order of what gets used most:

Living room: I have a pretty sweet wall adapter. It plugs into one wall socket and provides 3 sockets plus 2 USB charging outputs. Each USB is capable of 2.1A, but when used together I think the max capacity drops a little. I keep 10' cables on there so phones can be charged while watching movies, playing games, or chatting. It's proven to be really useful for guests.
Similar to this, but different form factor (and probably brand):
[Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]&cp_id=10907&cs_id=1090701&p_id=9195&seq=1&format=2

Car: Very small (nearly flush) USB charger permanently sitting in the cigarette lighter port. I keep a short cable in the console. This also gets a lot of use.
[Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]&cp_id=10826&cs_id=1082603&p_id=8858&seq=1&format=2

External battery pack. Bought for the girlie for her summer job (always on the go and always on the phone), but have used it a few times myself. It's big and overkill, but it's been a lifesaver for her, me, and around a dozen random friends.
[Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]&ie=UTF8&qid=1378741286&sr=1-19&keywords=usb+external+battery+pack

Car mount. Just ordered one. Stoked to get it. Any tips on mounting, use, etc?

What do you guys have and love?

Almost forgot. I've had a BT Pioneer deck for probably 4 years or so. Functionality it works but the display looks like it's straight out of 1988.
[Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]
Love that deck man. I installed car stereos and such for a while.

Those battery packs can come in handy. I bought one of the cheapo $8 ones off eBay for a friend. Fairly tiny things. Won't keep you going forever (2600mA), but good in a pinch.

[Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]&hash=item20d7a1e923
That's crazy cheap! Nice!

Mind if I bend your ear for some car stereo advice? I want to replace my sub with a vented 10". I'll have the box custom made to go somewhere between musical and punchy (overall Q=0.9 or so). I have 460W RMS at 4-Ohms to play with. Do you have any recommendations?

Also, how much of a real difference does it make to use a sound deadener in the doors around and behind the drivers?

Thanks in advance. I'm kind of a DIY-nerd when it comes to this, but haven't had the ability to hear a whole lot of different setups since I've only worked on a handful of installs.
Usually we just did standard box installs, among many other things (remote starters, decks, amps, alarms etc...). We built the boxes ourselves, but they were generally standard sealed boxes. I didn't get too much into complicated custom boxes. So I will leave that advice to someone better qualified.

If you've got any rattles in the doors, the sound deadener will come in very handy, otherwise it depends how serious you want to get. The placebo effect of having it regarding sound quality and loudness is probably more than the actual affect, but obviously in competitions and such the difference can be important.

For a couple bucks more, they have those little battery packs shipping within the US. That was just the first one I came across on eBay.
I use the car USB charger, but whit stand pad, very usefull.