www.chinaphonearena.com

Full Version: [Leagoo M5] YouTube old version - How to update YouTube on Leagoo M5
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Though we've so far seemed to fix the bricking issues of the Leagoo M5 by downgrading the ROM, the problem remains that Leagoo M5 YouTube is an old version, and in our opinion mistakenly installed as an un-upgradeable system app.

For the Leagoo M5 YouTube upgrade from the old version YouTube on Leagoo M5, you must root the phone.

It's funny how karma sometimes bites us, as I'd just told a fellow member I hadn't rooted in a long while. It's true, I generally go without root simply because I've had no need for it on my main mobiles.

The Leagoo M5 with it's version 5 YouTube app (they're now on version 11, so you can imagine how old this is) can be fixed without much problem at all by:

1. Rooting the Leagoo M5 (see main Leagoo forum)
2. Uninstalling the old YouTube on Leagoo M5
3. Rebooting the phone
4. You'll now be able to install the new YouTube from Play without issue.

Note, we've been in discussion directly with Leagoo regarding this old YouTube issue and hopefully it will be fixed in a future ROM so users who don't wish to go through the rooting process can have the latest YouTube.
Hello,
I've just registered to post this thank you message and tell how great this board is for owners of Leagoo models.
I have a Z5 and a M5 and the information found here is positively invaluable.
Thanks so much and keep up the good stuff!
(2017-02-02, 14:42)Lannig Wrote: [ -> ]Hello,
I've just registered to post this thank you message and tell how great this board is for owners of Leagoo models.
I have a Z5 and a M5 and the information found here is positively invaluable.
Thanks so much and keep up the good stuff!

Lannig, thank you much for taking the time to register and post your gratitude. It means a lot. Regards