www.chinaphonearena.com

Full Version: HELP! About Adroid ROM MTK6577 chip
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
i have bought one samsung galaxy s4 smart with air gesture.. now can i up that Rom for this
Link Rom: [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]
thanks .. Sad
No, the rom is for MTK6589, flashing this will brick your MTK6577.
Okay... I have gone ahead to be the Guinea Pig because I was so tempted to see if it work. But unfortunately it doesn't. Luckily I was able to use SP_flash tool to re-install the original rom back.
(2013-09-11, 07:15)urbanchina Wrote: [ -> ]Okay... I have gone ahead to be the Guinea Pig because I was so tempted to see if it work. But unfortunately it doesn't. Luckily I was able to use SP_flash tool to re-install the original rom back.

Hi, glad I found this help site. I also have the same setup as the OP, MT 6577 chip and have not had any luck with the various methods. ODIN, does not see the phone, SP_Flash does to an extend but I need a good working ROM to use (Yes , I've looked). MTKTools also works to an extent but once I go thru the motions & reboot, none of the settings changed.

A new twist though, I can no longer get into recovery (volume+, power) as the screen just flashes, stays black yet all other normal functions are working. I guess the first at hand is to fix recovery which I've tried using all various methods to get CWM/TWRP recovery.img installed (it does but makes no difference).

Any helpful ideas would be appreciated.