www.chinaphonearena.com

Full Version: want a chinese phone with NFC
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hi all,

i am looking really hard to find a chinese phone with NFC, one that has caught my eye is the "elephone p9000", but unfortunately it isnt all metal body (not really a problem) and the screen isnt gorilla glass etc

can anyone point me to any please

many thanks,

rob
I think the Xiaomi Mi series has nfc.
First phone that came to mind is Mi5. I think Mi5s has dropped NFC for some reason. I could be wrong. but no site that has it listed has NFC as a spec.

If you can deal with ceramic or glass body Mi5 is the way to go.
thanks guys,

the mi5 looks good but can i flash it with stock android as i dont like there o/s

if i do flash it can i still use mobile banking ie hsbc and android pay?

many thanks,

rob
Hey Robert, I can't guarantee specific apps will work, but they should no problem. I use Bank of America all the time on rooted phones and custom ROMs. I've also downloaded HSBC and can tell you it went all the way up to the logon screen no problem. I don't have an HSBC account, so can't take it further, but I'm guessing if it were to stop us because of root, it would have done so long before the logon screen.

There are a lot of CM CyanogenMod ROMs available for Mi5. Those are mostly very much AOSPish, though often CM based ROMs lose fingerprint security. Not a big loss IMO if so.

One I can recommend is CM Mokee. This is an official Mokee release, so can receive OTA etc...

MIUI isn't so bad of you change the Launcher, though sometimes this requires root on Xiaomi phones, so maybe Mokee would be worth trying of going through the hassle of root anyways.

Here's the Mokee link for Mi5. This is the ROM I'd go with as it's official Mokee release. Many of the custom ROMs not official.

[Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]